By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Son1x said:
Tiger Woods doesn't have 10 reviews yet.

Sorry, didn't catch that rule.

While I understand the rule, it basically means most WiiWare games don't have a chance ending up on this list, because most sites refuse to review WiiWare games.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Son1x said:

While I understand the rule, it basically means most WiiWare games don't have a chance ending up on this list, because most sites refuse to review WiiWare games.

The rule is there for several reasons. Further, at the end of the year, all titles with a Metascore will be added regardless of the number of reviews they have, which means any title with 4+ reviews will be added to the list. However, to save on endless additions that only get removed later (as most games score high initially, then fall off the chart once 8-10 reviews hit), and to save on me having to add multiple graphics to my website for no reason, things shall remain as they are unless I see a good reason to change.

Further, I'm not aware of a single WiiWare title this year that is being kept off the list by too few reviews, so I'm not sure if your point really matters in practice. There are currently only 4 games with a Metascore of 85+ without 10 reviews, and they are listed in my last update post (including, as already noted, Tiger Woods).

Lastly, regarding the 2008 Wii games you listed, I'll check those later and make any updates that are required. When I do, I'll make a post here about it.

How does all that sound?

any major games releasing this summer=?

Hapimeses said:
Chrizum said:
Son1x said:

The rule is there for several reasons. Further, at the end of the year, all titles with a Metascore will be added regardless of the number of reviews they have, which means any title with 4+ reviews will be added to the list. However, to save on endless additions that only get removed later (as most games score high initially, then fall off the chart once 8-10 reviews hit), and to save on me having to add multiple graphics to my website for no reason, things shall remain as they are unless I see a good reason to change.

Further, I'm not aware of a single WiiWare title this year that is being kept off the list by too few reviews, so I'm not sure if your point really matters in practice. There are currently only 4 games with a Metascore of 85+ without 10 reviews, and they are listed in my last update post (including, as already noted, Tiger Woods).

Lastly, regarding the 2008 Wii games you listed, I'll check those later and make any updates that are required. When I do, I'll make a post here about it.

How does all that sound?

That sounds great! I agree with the 10 reviews rule, and I'm glad you'll add any games with 4+ reviews anyway after a year has passed by.

Chrizum said:
Hapimeses said:
Chrizum said:
Son1x said:

How does all that sound?

That sounds great! I agree with the 10 reviews rule, and I'm glad you'll add any games with 4+ reviews anyway after a year has passed by.

Good stuff! And adding them at the end of the year looks necessary to me, or Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box will never get up there, which is wrong, as it's already up there for PC and PS3. It's not the game's fault, it's the tardy reviewers.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
@ Kantor

Alan Wake is set for 2010. So much for your PS360 knowledge

What?

*Checks wikipedia*

HA! I've got my bet in the bag now!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
@ Kantor

What?

*Checks wikipedia*

Out of curiosity, which games do you think will be top 5 for 360 and PS3 this year?

Hapimeses said:
Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
@ Kantor

What?

*Checks wikipedia*

Out of curiosity, which games do you think will be top 5 for 360 and PS3 this year?

In no order:

PS3:

• Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  • Killzone 2
  • Gran Turismo 5 (if it releases)
  • MAG (if GT5 doesn't release)
  • MLB 09: The Show

Xbox 360: No Alan Wake?

• Forza Motorsport 3
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo Wars
  • Left 4 Dead 2

We said Console+PC multiplats are okay, but PSN/XBL titles are not- only retail.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Thanks for that. Interesting. Anyone have a similar list for Wii and/or PC?

I never know this thread existed. 0_o

Nice work, I must say.