By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will be the maximum console sales lead X360 will reach over PS3?

imo i belive sony should keep the current price point.

it will keep on selling all year round, obviously it wont sell as much as 360, but if it can keep with 50k difference with 360 on a weekly basis its good going.

if they concentrate on psn and delivering great games it will tide them over. the only time i think sony should drop price is when they have manufactured a cheaper ps3 to do so.

since launch ps3 manufacure costs have plummeted i see no reason why it wont continue to do so.

a ps3 doesnt have to be £129 to sell more than 360, in uk money if they can manage a £199 price point without loosing on each unit sold that would work wonders.

but i do expect ps3 to stay 3rd for quite a while, but in the meantime sony needs to continue to deliver great games.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

kowenicki
Very true, but that is not assumption, but mere speculation. I wouldn't bet on anything when it comes to the two machines and their sales

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I depends on the price of the PS3 when the 360 hits the 160 dollar price point. I think once the 360 his that mark it's going to get out of control. Sony wont be able to match that price ever

Same prediction as in my sig. I expect peek diffrence in August/September

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Skeeuk said:
imo i belive sony should keep the current price point.

it will keep on selling all year round, obviously it wont sell as much as 360, but if it can keep with 50k difference with 360 on a weekly basis its good going.

if they concentrate on psn and delivering great games it will tide them over. the only time i think sony should drop price is when they have manufactured a cheaper ps3 to do so.

since launch ps3 manufacure costs have plummeted i see no reason why it wont continue to do so.

a ps3 doesnt have to be £129 to sell more than 360, in uk money if they can manage a £199 price point without loosing on each unit sold that would work wonders.

but i do expect ps3 to stay 3rd for quite a while, but in the meantime sony needs to continue to deliver great games.

This is basicly how I feel to... but I don't think Sony will be able to catch up to Microsoft... Next year it is likely that MS will drop their prices down to 160 usd, 250usd and 350usd if not more.  The fact that they own every piece of hardware in the Xbox 360 means that if they can get it cheap enough they can sell that Arcade system for 100 bucks.  That would surely rocket the system towards that 100 million mark that I'm sure is their goal.

Around the Network

I'll say 10 million by the end of the year and I expect the 360 to drop it's price to counter a PS3 price drop

I say 10 Million...

Former something....

well if you ask from a mexicans point of veiw i would say 9 million.

15 mill

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

between 1 and 100 million...