By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic and the Black Knight Gawain Trailer

wfz said:
Cactus said:
wfz said:
Cactus said:
What does that trailer have to do with Gawain?

Knuckles.....

Do you know anything about the story? I've been trying to keep off the details, but it's much like the Secret Rings game.

I only know Gawain from Arthurian legends, mainly Gawain and the Green Knight.

I don't know the story for this game though, Knuckels is portraying Gawain? Who would Sonic be then?

Well do you know the story in Secret Rings? Sonic basically gets sent (in different ways) to these "storybook" worlds, and he is thrust in because something has gone wrong and the world is in need of his heroism..

A few of the other Sonic characters portray characters in the story, and I mean that in the truest sense. They don't know Sonic and they don't refer to themselves as anyone else except for the character they are portraying, at least that is the way it was in Secret Rings.

So basically, some of the main characters from the story will be portrayed by Sonic's friends, and Sonic is just him, Sonic.

Thanks, that cleared up my confusion.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Can it possibly be the return of a playable Knuckles? Would it be too much to hope for this poor Knuckles fanboy who has been deprived since Sonic Heroes?

Knuckles knuckles knuckles knuckles

Khano Baggins: I can't do this, Smeagswise.

Smeagswise Gamgee: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great Sonic classics, Mr. Khano. The ones that really mattered *cough the Genesis ones cough*. Full of awesomeness and lacking in humans (except Dr. Robotnik), they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy (I mean seriously, the end meant you had to stop playing)? How could the world go back to the way it was after so much awesomeness had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this lack of playing as Knuckles. Even the lack of playing as Knuckles must pass. A new game will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the games that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Khano, I do understand. I know now. Sonic Team in those games had lots of chances of not including Knuckles as a playable character, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.

Khano: What are we holding onto, Smeagswise?

Smeagswise: That there's some good in this gaming world, Mr. Khano... and it's worth fighting for.

So.... is he playable after you beat him?

Or at all? Besides multiplayer...

looks great.