By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Google Wants to Join in the Anit-Trust case Against MS

"Google wants to help the European Commission prove antitrust charges against Microsoft related to the software giant's dominance of the Web browser market.
law

The Web search giant, which recently released its Chrome Web browser, announced Tuesday that it is applying to be a "third party" in the European proceedings, which will entitle it to receive access to confidential documents in the case and the ability to voice objections."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10171522-75.html

Around the Network

This entire case is just ridiculous. Without a web browser, how the hell are people supposed to get their browsers if they don't have a base one to begin with/

Though I suppose Microsoft could include IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome in all copies of Windows.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

This is the most absurd case I have ever heard of. I hope Google and the likes get fuck all out of it the greedy bastards.

@kitchen,,,last part of your post,

that's what they want.They claim regular people don't go to websites and download other web browser no matter how good they are and that is preventing more innovations in that area

SpartanFX said:

that's what they want.They claim regular people don't go to websites and download other web browser no matter how good they are and that is preventing more innovations in that area

Then thats their choice .... sounds like Google and Firefox ect want to force THEIR web browers on  the public .... not Microsoft.

Around the Network
seece said:
SpartanFX said:

Then thats their choice .... sounds like Google and Firefox ect want to force THEIR web browers on  the public .... not Microsoft.

they are not forcing their web browser .they are asking MS to give the customer choice from factory .

why did you say  greedy?they will not gain direct money by including their FREE webbrowser on the  MS operating system.

seems like every hater/company out there wants a slice of the pie=$$$
Come on this is just absurd
I love google as a company but this is just absurd

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

@SpartanFX: OK, I suppose that's reasonable.

@Seece: I don't think you quite understand the situation. Microsoft is using their monopoly in one market (operating systems) to automatically give themselves a monopoly in another (web browsers). Theoretically, that's illegal.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

then apple should give customers the choice from factory also

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

@otoniel^^^apple is not even at 15% of the market but as soon as apple gets big be sure that same thing will happen