By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Google Wants to Join in the Anit-Trust case Against MS

seece, you're clueless. You don't know what you're talking about. Stop.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

Billions will be thrown around in this fight!!!!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I will lose even more faith in humanity if Microsoft loses this. Microsoft is including IE in Windows, that is all they are doing. They are not forcing you to have it as the default browser, they just include it in. Why the hell should Microsoft have to add another company's product in their OS?

The argument is very simple: "When people buy Microsoft Windows, that is all they see, Microsoft. If we find problems in IE, we can debug them and correct them due to our experience and extensive knowledge of the browser. If Firefox or Chrome is included in the OS and there is a massive exploit/bug in it, we will still be responsible for in the customers' eyes, despite it being another company's product. Should such a flaw be found in the browser, we are at the mercy of Mozilla, Google, Apple, or whomever else made the browser to fix it. Even if said browser is open source, we can submit patches but ultimately, the decision to update the browser is made by these companies."

Microsoft's OS, Microsoft's responsibility. At best, EU should get a little notice when IE first launches that says "Internet Explorer is one of many free different web browsers available to surf the internet." That is it, end of story.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

thekitchensink said:
@SpartanFX: OK, I suppose that's reasonable.

@Seece: I don't think you quite understand the situation. Microsoft is using their monopoly in one market (operating systems) to automatically give themselves a monopoly in another (web browsers). Theoretically, that's illegal.

Monopoly over free web browsers? I didn't think that mattered. All browsers leads to the same internet and they're all free. MS isn't restricting anyone from downloading firefox or any other browser. I don't see why a company should be forced to bundle different company's web browsers with its own OS. The option to use the other broswers are already exists.

I think this case is ridiculous. That said, MS is gonna lose. EU has an agenda against MS. Look at the last case the EU had against MS where the argument was over the included windows media player in the OS because real player couldn't compete (wtf?, who even wants or uses real player?).

ChichiriMuyo said:
seece, you're clueless. You don't know what you're talking about. Stop.

Care to enlighten us? I really want to hear your arguments for this case.

Around the Network

They better pay M$,Cause we all know M$ Likes money and is pure evil right? /sarcasm.

Why should MS help them,Google wouldnt help them.

thekitchensink said:
This entire case is just ridiculous. Without a web browser, how the hell are people supposed to get their browsers if they don't have a base one to begin with/

Though I suppose Microsoft could include IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome in all copies of Windows.

also try uninstalling explorer as it is impossible...

IE is utter crap, but you can just download another browser within 15 minutes of getting a new PC up and running. Too bad most people are complete idiots and don't know any better.

masterb8tr said:
thekitchensink said:
This entire case is just ridiculous. Without a web browser, how the hell are people supposed to get their browsers if they don't have a base one to begin with/

Though I suppose Microsoft could include IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome in all copies of Windows.

also try uninstalling explorer as it is impossible...

Joe Average - "I need space on my PC! Begone Firefox! Bye Chrome! Cya IE! Now, to check my E-Mail....Crap."

There is a reason why you can't install IE... You need at least 1 browser on the PC. Also, many components in Windows use the trident rendering engine for helpfiles and other application components, just like Webkit on OS X. You *can* uninstall Safari on OS X in a sense that you can't find Safari.app anymore, but it will always be there as the OS uses it for other things. The same is true with Windows, it is used by other components.

Good news Everyone!

I've invented a device which makes you read this in your head, in my voice!

but just becuz u Cannot unninstal IE doesn't mean monopoly
Someone should sued apple or nokia for not letting u install different browsers on your phones
I mean u cannot even install flash on iPhone

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad