By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Star Ocean 4 Thread

shadow... omg........ spoilers.....

Around the Network

Just as an update, now that I fully understand the controls, the combat system, and how to manage your inventory and your party, I think this is one of my favorite games of late. It's a breath of fresh air for me after finally giving up on Fallout 3, which I tried and tried to like. Star Ocean was an RPG I needed to come out to get that bad taste out of my mouth.

Also, my previous post about this being my first JRPG ever was not entirely true. I just remembered today that I played through the first two Golden Sun games on the GBA about 7 years ago. Anyone remember those?

dammit this game is still not avail in ontario canada... :(

As far as reviews go I agree with Game Informer the most on this game so far.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

1 more day till i can play this mofo of a game!!!

Around the Network

i bought star ocean 4, just finishing up with infinite undiscovery. going to fight the final 2 boss fights, then onto the seraphic gate.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

wtf........ infinite undiscovery has a Seraphic Gate like valkryie profile 2 silmeria? awesome! glad i picked IU up along with SO4.

Well I finished it. The ending was fantastic, so I don't feel half empty at the notion of finishing the game(though playing after the game would have been AMAZING, and very possible, given the circumstances of the ending) like I did with Vesperia. Oh, and the boss fight took 45minutes to over an hour to defeat in continuous battle, but man, it was the most epic thing I ever fought in a JRPG. The ending cutscene was about 50-60 minutes long, and it was *almost exactly how I wanted the game to go out. Wish the ending was longer, it was amazing :P

*Sigh*...so thats the last Star Ocean game, huh. Damnit. it sure as hell went out with one epic finale to the series though.

And yes. This game is better then Vesperia. Sorry I can't sound more enthusiastic about it, every time I finish a JRPG I really liked that I know probably won't have a direct sequel I go into a small state of depression, since I know its over. I'll be gushing over it in the coming months though, rest assured :)

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:

Well I finished it. The ending was fantastic, so I don't feel half empty at the notion of finishing the game(though playing after the game would have been AMAZING, and very possible, given the circumstances of the ending) like I did with Vesperia. Oh, and the boss fight took 45minutes to over an hour to defeat in continuous battle, but man, it was the most epic thing I ever fought in a JRPG. The ending cutscene was about 50-60 minutes long, and it was *almost exactly how I wanted the game to go out. Wish the ending was longer, it was amazing :P

*Sigh*...so thats the last Star Ocean game, huh. Damnit. it sure as hell went out with one epic finale to the series though.

And yes. This game is better then Vesperia. Sorry I can't sound more enthusiastic about it, every time I finish a JRPG I really liked that I know probably won't have a direct sequel I go into a small state of depression, since I know its over. I'll be gushing over it in the coming months though, rest assured :)

Shadowblind......why? Well whatever glad to know you enjoyed it and i can't wait till i get my hand on it.It better be as good as you say it is.I still can't believe Vesperia got beat out so quickly.

g-value said:
Shadowblind said:

Shadowblind......why? Well whatever glad to know you enjoyed it and i can't wait till i get my hand on it.It better be as good as you say it is.I still can't believe Vesperia got beat out so quickly.

Vesperia still sits proudly on its prince throne. Star Ocean is just the King now :P

TBH, it depends on what you like in a JRPG. If your like me(based on our private message conversation) You'll like Star ocean better. Frankly I think the normal JRPG player will be extremely impressed with SO, more so then any other JRPG this generation. You do have to invest some time to get to the best parts(the game is fun all the time, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't totally surpass Vesperia till about halfway through.)

Based on the past though, I'm still a bigger Tales fan then SO fan. But damn, SO just pushed Kingdom Hearts back to 4th and Fable back to 3rd place in my favorite RPG series list. And thats extremely hard to do with only 1 game of the series, since I thought SO2 was only good and SO3 was *pretty good. :P

I still wish there would be a Vesperia 2. I don't think any game deserves a direct sequel more then Vesperia, though Tales of the Abyss and SO4 come close. Vesperia just seems like it would be more complete with a sequel, and I'd love to travel with Yuri and the gang again.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.