By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Star Ocean 4 Thread

Shadowblind said:
g-value said:
Shadowblind said:

Well I finished it. The ending was fantastic, so I don't feel half empty at the notion of finishing the game(though playing after the game would have been AMAZING, and very possible, given the circumstances of the ending) like I did with Vesperia. Oh, and the boss fight took 45minutes to over an hour to defeat in continuous battle, but man, it was the most epic thing I ever fought in a JRPG. The ending cutscene was about 50-60 minutes long, and it was *almost exactly how I wanted the game to go out. Wish the ending was longer, it was amazing :P

*Sigh*...so thats the last Star Ocean game, huh. Damnit. it sure as hell went out with one epic finale to the series though.

And yes. This game is better then Vesperia. Sorry I can't sound more enthusiastic about it, every time I finish a JRPG I really liked that I know probably won't have a direct sequel I go into a small state of depression, since I know its over. I'll be gushing over it in the coming months though, rest assured :)

Shadowblind......why? Well whatever glad to know you enjoyed it and i can't wait till i get my hand on it.It better be as good as you say it is.I still can't believe Vesperia got beat out so quickly.

Vesperia still sits proudly on its prince throne. Star Ocean is just the King now :P

TBH, it depends on what you like in a JRPG. If your like me(based on our private message conversation) You'll like Star ocean better. Frankly I think the normal JRPG player will be extremely impressed with SO, more so then any other JRPG this generation. You do have to invest some time to get to the best parts(the game is fun all the time, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't totally surpass Vesperia till about halfway through.)

Based on the past though, I'm still a bigger Tales fan then SO fan. But damn, SO just pushed Kingdom Hearts back to 4th and Fable back to 3rd place in my favorite RPG series list. And thats extremely hard to do with only 1 game of the series, since I thought SO2 was only good and SO3 was *pretty good. :P

I still wish there would be a Vesperia 2. I don't think any game deserves a direct sequel more then Vesperia, though Tales of the Abyss and SO4 come close. Vesperia just seems like it would be more complete with a sequel, and I'd love to travel with Yuri and the gang again.

Well there is going to be a movie coming out for ToV later this year.If that can get people attention to go buy Vesperia then they might bring us a sequal.But the movie is going to be awesome,i can't wait to see Yuri kick ass in it.Mabye he might use Savage Wolf Fury, oh shit that will be pure win if that happens.Also did you get the message I sent you with the videos in it?

Around the Network

I'm about 25 hours in on the 2nd disc and I really enjoy this game. Although I am currently stuck on a boss that I hope I can get past soon.

g-value said:
Shadowblind said:
g-value said:
Shadowblind said:

Well I finished it. The ending was fantastic, so I don't feel half empty at the notion of finishing the game(though playing after the game would have been AMAZING, and very possible, given the circumstances of the ending) like I did with Vesperia. Oh, and the boss fight took 45minutes to over an hour to defeat in continuous battle, but man, it was the most epic thing I ever fought in a JRPG. The ending cutscene was about 50-60 minutes long, and it was *almost exactly how I wanted the game to go out. Wish the ending was longer, it was amazing :P

*Sigh*...so thats the last Star Ocean game, huh. Damnit. it sure as hell went out with one epic finale to the series though.

And yes. This game is better then Vesperia. Sorry I can't sound more enthusiastic about it, every time I finish a JRPG I really liked that I know probably won't have a direct sequel I go into a small state of depression, since I know its over. I'll be gushing over it in the coming months though, rest assured :)

Shadowblind......why? Well whatever glad to know you enjoyed it and i can't wait till i get my hand on it.It better be as good as you say it is.I still can't believe Vesperia got beat out so quickly.

Vesperia still sits proudly on its prince throne. Star Ocean is just the King now :P

TBH, it depends on what you like in a JRPG. If your like me(based on our private message conversation) You'll like Star ocean better. Frankly I think the normal JRPG player will be extremely impressed with SO, more so then any other JRPG this generation. You do have to invest some time to get to the best parts(the game is fun all the time, don't get me wrong. It just doesn't totally surpass Vesperia till about halfway through.)

Based on the past though, I'm still a bigger Tales fan then SO fan. But damn, SO just pushed Kingdom Hearts back to 4th and Fable back to 3rd place in my favorite RPG series list. And thats extremely hard to do with only 1 game of the series, since I thought SO2 was only good and SO3 was *pretty good. :P

I still wish there would be a Vesperia 2. I don't think any game deserves a direct sequel more then Vesperia, though Tales of the Abyss and SO4 come close. Vesperia just seems like it would be more complete with a sequel, and I'd love to travel with Yuri and the gang again.

Well there is going to be a movie coming out for ToV later this year.If that can get people attention to go buy Vesperia then they might bring us a sequal.But the movie is going to be awesome,i can't wait to see Yuri kick ass in it.Mabye he might use Savage Wolf Fury, oh shit that will be pure win if that happens.Also did you get the message I sent you with the videos in it?

I can't wait for the movie, I really hope they either include English subs or fans give it English subs. If they include English subs then I'm gonna import it.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

in 5 more hours i'll be able to play star ocean 4, finally!!!

Around the Network

I have 108 hours logged so far. I'm still on the first disc. I'm making slow sweet love to this game. I've been backtracking like crazy and talking to everybody again after any incident that happens. I want to see everything they say, so I talk to them twice each time. I'm doing all the quests for the store clerks. I'm 100%ing all the monster data every time new monsters show up. I beat every boss 4 times to get 100%. If you save to a different slot after you beat the boss, you can reload the old file and fight the boss again and save to the other slot to save the monster data. My characters are at level 30 with all skills maxed.

Out of the 108 hours it's probably 60 hours idle time (eating, watching tv, mostly sleeping)

Now off to En II.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
I have 108 hours logged so far. I'm still on the first disc. I'm making slow sweet love to this game. I've been backtracking like crazy and talking to everybody again after any incident that happens. I want to see everything they say, so I talk to them twice each time. I'm doing all the quests for the store clerks. I'm 100%ing all the monster data every time new monsters show up. I beat every boss 4 times to get 100%. If you save to a different slot after you beat the boss, you can reload the old file and fight the boss again and save to the other slot to save the monster data. My characters are at level 30 with all skills maxed.

Out of the 108 hours it's probably 60 hours idle time (eating, watching tv, mostly sleeping)

Now off to En II.

@ bolded, lol, thats what you think :P

But holy wow, even just spending 48 hours on disc 1...I wish I had your patience. If I could bear to not want to know the story ASAP after I get into it I'd enjoy my JRPGs so much more. I got through the entire game watching every cutscene in about 36 hours. Safe to assume your enjoying the game then?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
pbroy said:

Now off to En II.

@ bolded, lol, thats what you think :P

But holy wow, even just spending 48 hours on disc 1...I wish I had your patience. If I could bear to not want to know the story ASAP after I get into it I'd enjoy my JRPGs so much more. I got through the entire game watching every cutscene in about 36 hours. Safe to assume your enjoying the game then?

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. The camera kind of pisses me off sometimes though. If you pull out too far and the camera senses a wall, it'll pull you super close and then back you all the way out again. It would have been better if they didn't do that. I can turn the camera myself if I wanted to see what's going on. It just messes up my orientation sometimes.

It'll fall close to Fable 2 as to the game that "I really want to keep playing until I beat badly". Fable 2 still holds more of an addiction factor.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Ohh yeah, I forgot to mention what I hate the most about this game. Lymle is so annoying, always saying 'kay'. She says it in almost every freaken sentence. Sometimes even twice in the same sentence. "Kay, I don't like Faize, kay." "I like Edgy, Rei Rei, Bachy, not Faize, kay" Shut up already. I know they did it to try to make her sound cute and adorable, but she doesn't. She sounds like shes slow and has autism.

The voice acting in this game is great and all the humor too. But Lymle is the only mistake they made. I even like Welch. It pains me every time I have to conversate with her and seeing cut scenes that shes involved in. Talk faster............

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

I'll be picking this game up sometime soon once I finish my violin recital >

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-