By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Remote Play in PS3 games

Okay, with the current rush of PSP excitement, I decided to check out what games on the PS3 actually supported Remote Play. And there are so very few!

I'm glad to see that at least Bionic Commando: Rearmed and PixelJunk Monsters/Eden supports it, that's games I would like to have RP in.

But from what I know, implementing RP only requires about 8 MB of RAM, so that's hardly an excuse for most games these days. Obviously, some games would never do good with RP, like Flower or Noby Noby Boy because of their controls.

But some games would be obvious candidates for RP, like fighting games (playing Street Fighter IV on your PSP) and driving games. Others would need more tweaking to be adapted to the PSP controls, but personally, I think this is a strong selling point for those PS3 owners, who have PSPs or are thinking about getting a PSP, and could be well worth it for developers.

I think at the least, that Sony should try and work more RP into their own games, so the PSP at least seems a little more tempting for the PS3 owners without one. I would

Around the Network

I will say this time and time again. I want REVERSE remote play. The ps3 streams to my psp, why can't my psp stream to my ps3 to play on My computer monitor. I don't have a component tv......and im not buying one for a psp feature.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

If Sony could swing the remote play function for Valkyria Chronicles that they accidentally showed at E3, I would be all over a PSP.

You can play Lair with remote play.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

badgenome said:
If Sony could swing the remote play function for Valkyria Chronicles that they accidentally showed at E3, I would be all over a PSP.

Wait what?!?! Got a video? It seems like something I would want :o

@ Euphoria

I feel so... indifferent

Around the Network

It isn't as bad as it sounds though. Even before the analog patch came out the PSP would allow you to use the nub.

It looks pretty nice too.

I'll try some of my games and let you know if I find any.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Found this on Wiki.

* Aqua Vita/Aquatopia (PSN game)
* Bejeweled 2 (PSN game)
* Bionic Commando Rearmed (PSN game/demo)
* High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition (PSN game)
* Imabikisou (BD game/PSN demo)
* Lair (BD game)
* LEGO Batman (BD game)
* Life with PlayStation (PSN software)
* Mainichi Issho (PSN game)
* MediEvil (PSN game)
* PixelJunk Eden (PSN game/demo)
* PixelJunk Monsters (PSN game/demo)
* PlayStation 1 games (CD games/demos, PSN games/demos)
* PlayTV (PSN demo)
* SingStar (BD game)
* SingStar Vol. 2 (BD game)
* Zuma (PSN demo)

Currently playing:

No need, it's all here

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=360294

EDIT: Well, this thing is still more detailed than the wiki list

Rainbird said:
badgenome said:

Wait what?!?! Got a video? It seems like something I would want :o

@ Euphoria

I feel so... indifferent

Yeah, here you go. Was just a mistake on Sony's part, though.

Oh well, Sony needs to convince more developers to incorporate it, so they have better odds at moving some PSPs.

@ soulsamurai

I want the same thing, but I am pretty sure it isn't doable, because the PSP doesn't have the needed chips in it.