By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Sony Ps3, March 23 2007 to February 23 2009 RIP

A few days from the Killzone launch, I was playing Resistance 2 when during a loading screen it freezes. I hold the ps button, no response. I hold down the power button for over 10 seconds and nothing. So I turn it off at the back and when I turn it back on it doesn't read any of my disks. This is clearly the symptoms a burnt out laser.

I'm sure sony will replace it, they better, but the real problem is that this is a 60Gb launch-day model. It's backwards compatable, it has the SD and other memory card slots in the front. It's in perfect mint condition, as shiny and new as when it first came out of the box. And what I have heard about replacement consoles is they are reject consoles, damaged scratched and marked but otherwise still functioning.

So, I'll be playing DOWII this weekend. I won't be buying Killzone 2, which was going to be my 21st game, until I solve this console issue. I give my regards to the VGC EU Killzone clan, have fun without me.

Around the Network

Send it to Sony. You'll receive the same exact console back...

Leave a message saying you want a brand new 60GB back, no new 80GB :P

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Theo said:

A few days from the Killzone launch, I was playing Resistance 2 when during a loading screen it freezes. I hold the ps button, no response. I hold down the power button for over 10 seconds and nothing. So I turn it off at the back and when I turn it back on it doesn't read any of my disks. This is clearly the symptoms a burnt out laser.

I'm sure sony will replace it, they better, but the real problem is that this is a 60Gb launch-day model. It's backwards compatable, it has the SD and other memory card slots in the front. It's in perfect mint condition, as shiny and new as when it first came out of the box. And what I have heard about replacement consoles is they are reject consoles, damaged scratched and marked but otherwise still functioning.

So, I'll be playing DOWII this weekend. I won't be buying Killzone 2, which was going to be my 21st game, until I solve this console issue. I give my regards to the VGC EU Killzone clan, have fun without me.

My friend had a 60GB that died also Sony said that they Have a ton in their warehouse as replacement units. If they can fix your 60Gb they'll send you a replacement unit or refurb.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

sorry to hear i have a 60gb also i'll die myself if it goes on me

Play Me

Around the Network

Ouch, that sucks... Sorry to hear about that. If it makes you feel better, I can't play KZ2 until the end of March... Actually, I can't play any games at all until then.
Good luck on getting a new PS3 though, I hope you don't have any problems with getting through Sony's customer service. =)

Yeah, surely it wouldn't take them too long to swap out the old laser for a new one. Well I better go get to work turning my 320GB back into a 60GB. Damn those tiny screws.

I had the same problem - Sent it in to be fixed - Got the exact same PS3 back. You''ll be fine.

As a sign of solidarity I won't play KZ2 either. But that's because I'll get it on March 2 =P

Damn long delivery times.

PS3s break?...wow...didn't know that could happen.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder