By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Potential Triple A games that turned bad (this gen)

- Lair: I was so hyped about this game. Probably my first deception this gen. Terrible control, lag, boring missions and weird chara design. Too bad.

- Haze: Nice story, correct level design and cool esthetic but poor gameplay, terrible realisation and shitty multiplayer modes. But I still think this game had the potential to be one of the best FPS this gen (with more time, money and talented devs).

- Blue dragon: this game could have been the perfect traditional Jrpg! But: boring, boring and boring, I still don't know what happened!

- Sonic unleashed: stunning speed levels! Sega finally understood what we wanted! Then they decided to add beat em all levels to the game...

- Resident Evil 5: We thought that RE4 sequel could only be great! We were wrong, Psone era gameplay, poor atmosphere, it's not scary anymore.

What do u think? According to you, which potential triple A games turned bad?

Around the Network

Too Human: the targeting system is one of the worst i ever did seen

OP: I never expect much from sonic these days sadly :/

Tremble said:
- Lair: I was so hyped about this game. Probably my first deception this gen. Terrible control, lag, boring missions and weird chara design. Too bad.

- Haze: Nice story, correct level design and cool esthetic but poor gameplay, terrible realisation and shitty multiplayer modes. But I still think this game had the potential to be one of the best FPS this gen (with more time, money and talented devs).

- Blue dragon: this game could have been the perfect traditional Jrpg! But: boring, boring and boring, I still don't know what happened!

- Sonic unleashed: stunning speed levels! Sega finally understood what we wanted! Then they decided to add beat em all levels to the game...

- Resident Evil 5: We thought that RE4 sequel could only be great! We were wrong, Psone era gameplay, poor atmosphere, it's not scary anymore.

What do u think? According to you, which potential triple A games turned bad?

- Sonic Unleashed never had AAA potential

- It's kinda early to be bashing RE5 just yet. We've only seen a demo after all.

Signature goes here!

antfromtashkent said:
Too Human

OP: I never expect much from sonic these days sadly :/

shame about TH i love that game

Yep I forgot too human, this game was really really hyped and developed for many years.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 5 hasn't even come out yet, and the demo was fine. You could have picked much better choices but chose this one.

I'm going with Perfect Dark, Need for Speed ProStreet/Undercover (could the series actually get any worse at this point, would it even be possible?), Haze, Lair, Deadly Creatures, Quantum of Solace, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Too Human.

Erm, I think I'll stop there.

SSBB (don't believe the review scores, it falls short)
Left 4 Dead (too short, not enough levels or incentives to keep playing for an online game)
Resistance 2 (didn't live up to the promise for mutiplayer and online)

These games aren't bad, but with a little more work they could have been great.

Xbox Gamertag: BrapRedHarvest PSN ID: Brap123

MontanaHatchet said:

Resident Evil 5 hasn't even come out yet, and the demo was fine. You could have picked much better choices but chose this one.

I'm going with Perfect Dark, Need for Speed ProStreet/Undercover (could the series actually get any worse at this point, would it even be possible?), Haze, Lair, Deadly Creatures, Quantum of Solace, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Too Human.

Those were all supposed to be AAA games?

Now I really don't understand what AAA means anymore.

wfz said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Those were all supposed to be AAA games?

Now I really don't understand what AAA means anymore.

When I think of "AAA," I think of high quality. Then again, I could just be crazy. All of those games had the potential to be good (at least in my mind) while having a decent amount of hype.

Quantum of solace and deadly creatures are pretty confidential games IMO.