By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Punch Out!! Wii rated by the ESRB

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=17804

The latest Wii iteration of the series has already crossed the desk of the ESRB

Earlier this week, the ESRB rated the upcoming Wii title, Punch-Out!! Everyone 10 and up due to Cartoon Violence and Comic Mischief. Punch-Out!! boasts a cast of colorful and outrageous characters. Cartoonish boxing scenes are presented in a comical manner where characters flex their pecs and burp out loud. Although there are boxing moves unique to Punch-Out!! such as a smash to the head and other "slapstick" techniques, standard boxing moves, including jabs, hooks and uppercuts are still present.

While most of these depictions are innocent enough, the boxers do take physical damage that is visible to players. The boxing characters develop bruises and bumps on their faces where they have been hit, along with some boxing moves that can send opponents flying to the other side of the boxing ring.

Though Nintendo has yet to announce an official release date for the title, hopefully the ESRB rating of the game will prompt Nintendo to reveal the release date soon.

Around the Network

good, so where the hell is the trailer?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

When was Nintendo's Spring Media Summit last year? Either there or GDC would pretty much be the only viable venues for them to trot out a complete build and show off a release date. Also date Wii Sports Resort and maybe NPC! Metroid Prime

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I can't wait for this. Punch Out games are great.

Hopefully we will see more on this title soon. I still have all 3 copies of the Punch-Out!! games (Mike Tysons, Mr. Dream, and Super) and play them all the time.

As long as they keep Bald Bull, Mr Sandman and Super Macho Man, all with there signiture moves intact, Ill be one happy camper.

(I still play Super Punch-Out!! several times every 6 months or so, can still be Piston Hurricane in 5.56 seconds)

Around the Network

I hope they are not stupid enough to make this motion only. Motion doesn't work for punch out.

The online mode should use motion controls though.

samus086 said:
Hopefully we will see more on this title soon. I still have all 3 copies of the Punch-Out!! games (Mike Tysons, Mr. Dream, and Super) and play them all the time.

As long as they keep Bald Bull, Mr Sandman and Super Macho Man, all with there signiture moves intact, Ill be one happy camper.

(I still play Super Punch-Out!! several times every 6 months or so, can still be Piston Hurricane in 5.56 seconds)

Gamestop said May.  However, Gamestop took the listing down.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=73527#comments

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Great, more shovelwarre being produced on the Wii by crappy developers who don't know anything about business.

I can't wait to play it!

wfz said:
Great, more shovelwarre being produced on the Wii by crappy developers who don't know anything about business.

I can't wait to play it!

This must have been the most uninformed, ignorant comment I've read in a long, long time.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Shadow)OS said:
wfz said:

I can't wait to play it!

This must have been the most uninformed, ignorant comment I've read in a long, long time.

Ah I totally forgot about this thread until just now. The first part of my post was completely sarcastic, just so you know. :P