By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Jessman's new Gaming PC

Jessman said:
Sorry dude, My brother has the GTX 295's and I don't care what anybody says... the Microstudder is THERE.

And the Monitor in the picture is 1920x1200... I plan to get a 30 inch Samsung next week.

Well, you'll get microstutter with GTX 285 SLI too...

The figures look pretty matched on the reviews you mentioned, and the GTX295 setup will be slighly cheaper. Both are still terrible value for money though.

Around the Network

The case looked like the Dead Space helmet with that glowing blue lights (third pic).

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

I got them for 200 US each :)... Work discounts, Otherwise I wouldn't of touched them.

And actually, There is no Microstuddering on single GPU solutions, only on Multi GPU cards, I had them same problem with my 9800GX2's, there were So bad it wasnt funny, I had to go back to my 8800GTX's in SLI.

@ Hotrodx - I don't know if thats a Compliment or not :P

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Jessman said:

I got them for 200 US each :)... Work discounts, Otherwise I wouldn't of touched them.

OK then.

And actually, There is no Microstuddering on single GPU solutions, only on Multi GPU cards, I had them same problem with my 9800GX2's, there were So bad it wasnt funny, I had to go back to my 8800GTX's in SLI.

Look through the first few results for microstuttering on Google. They all agree that it happens on all CF/SLI rigs, not just X2 or GX2 cards. Why would both GPUs being soldered to one PCB rather than one each on two make a difference?

It even happens on multi-Chrome-GPU rigs, and they don't have X2 cards.

Hmm... Your right, but I still have not seen some on my two cards, on my brothers PC he gets it quite bad, you should see the grass on Farcry 2.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Around the Network
Jessman said:
Hmm... Your right, but I still have not seen some on my two cards, on my brothers PC he gets it quite bad, you should see the grass on Farcry 2.

Oh, well, as long as you can't see it, it's fine.

That's a sick PC. Congratulations.

Do you earn a good salary Jesse?

Sorry Slimebeast, I earn around 80,000 a year.

Jesse

So what games have you installed so far on your monster PC?

Nice rig, now you must impress us by doing something inherently cool with it... like playing Starcraft in anticipation of Starcraft II.