By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Online Or SP Which Is better?

I was just wondering as I seldom play online myself.

I mean I jump in now and then but find it very hectic for the most part.

That is not a criticism btw of online gaming just my experience.

I love a good SP game with good AI and normally play it on medium or hard.

Just wondering how other gamers feel.

I will say I am an older gamer and grew up on SP so kinda missed what is available now I mean with high speed internet and the various gameplay available it is wonderful.

I just dont have the time to spend online to keep up with the standard that is out there.

Or maybe thats just a cop out.

Still I find it very satisfying progressing through a really good game in my own time.

Anyway the thoughts of other members with varying opinions would be interesting.

Do you bother with the single player campaign or vica versa.

Around the Network

I like both, but I've been gravitating more towards multiplayer lately. On the consoles, I barely ever finish a single player game. I haven't played more than a few missions in COD 4 and 5 SP, but I've logged in days worth of online between them. I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 entirely because of the mutliplayer. I might never actually play the campaign. Warhawk is one of my favorite games this gen, and it's entirely online.

The only place I really do some heavy single player gaming is on the DS, which has the best SP out of any console or handheld in my opinion.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Single Player > Online

Co-op > Singleplayer > Online

Christhor said:
Single Player > Online

Around the Network

I generally prefer single player, online games generally frustrate me

Onyxmeth said:

I like both, but I've been gravitating more towards multiplayer lately. On the consoles, I barely ever finish a single player game. I haven't played more than a few missions in COD 4 and 5 SP, but I've logged in days worth of online between them. I'm looking forward to Killzone 2 entirely because of the mutliplayer. I might never actually play the campaign. Warhawk is one of my favorite games this gen, and it's entirely online.

The only place I really do some heavy single player gaming is on the DS, which has the best SP out of any console or handheld in my opinion.

Funny I would have to finish a game I like on SP.

If I didnt I would feel the game beat me.

I played a bit of COD4 online and it was great but damn hard.

I actually have gold on live and seldom use it but I dont mind paying as it means I can have the option when I want.

I would like the structure to be better ie pleb section for noobs like me.

I don't like playing online at all.

For me, it defeats most of the purpose of gaming. When I play a game, I want to feel good. Not inferior to all the other people out there who do nothing but play games all day (and have superior reflexes..).

Online scoreboards scare me as well, and really makes me feel inferior.

I love local multiplayer. Battling your friends with direct feedback from the actual people makes it social and fun. Most of the time.

For me, good and online-free singleplayer is a must.

This is invisible text!

Munkeh111 said:
I generally prefer single player, online games generally frustrate me

Yeah thats what I find as well.

When you are playing SP you can pause and think about your situation, no such comfort online.

I hope everyone is going to say single player... Please! I hope we're not at a certain point in time where we don't care about a good story and stuff... Right?

Single player shouldn't be an extra to a game.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!