By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh wow - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for Free ?

KBG29 said:
This is an awsome deal. I was completely ready for them to say it would be 14.99 USD. They are probably making it free cause they will no longer support online in prologe after GT5 hits. If that is the case it would totally make sense for it to be free as prologes only real value is 16 player online, and mabye the GTTV deal if it is running when it arrives.

This is the game for everyone that is interested in cars. It will be ineresting how games like Midnight Club, NFS, PGR, Forza, and Dirt will fair after GT comes out. Really there is no reason for any other racing game untill a PS4 GT comes out once this hits. If Polyphony adds the bikes this game would be done. For the first time in my life I am looking at a game and thinking, this is it, I will never need another. In fact I don't think I even care if it looks better or if it gets more cars online. Basically what we have here is the perfect game.

Well, there's still a big market for less realistic racers. Midnight Club, NFS and PGR aren't really designed to emulate everything like GT is designed. When the full GT5 comes out, there's going to be an elite group of people racing online who are going to fine tune their cars and then go crazy racing/tuning/racing/tuning (I'm in this group). But not everyone is going to want to invest the amount of time that it's going to take to be competitive at that level. The other games all offer something different, and I will be keeping my eyes on all of them.

Around the Network

That would be fantastic! The videos I have seen are simply amazing and a good showcase of the PS3's potential!

Gameplay in-car view:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24082.html

Car models:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24096.html

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

the prologue games were budget titles before wernt they? im sure the RRP'ed at half the usual price.
Sticking it on PSN for free or a very low fee would work brilliantly, like someone said, it will have the same appeal as a 'real' GT game and it would also work as a testbed for the full game.

There was rumours of them making the majority of a GT game available in downloads, which was basically a way to release the game early and still work on it, adding more content (and fees) along the way.
I dont think sony are quite willing to commit to this concept tho, there isnt enough of the market on broadband internet.

For Me there is only 2 racing games that count GT and Burnout. They are complete opposites and cater to A huge amount of people. All other racers are on a lower Tie IMO.

ballsonyourchin said:
If its free that is great news, i would still of paid for it anyways. In one of the video's the guy said it takes 6months to make each car, 200k poly's per car can't wait :)

In other words; since they have 50 cars in it, they've been working on it since 1982?! And the full version with 700++ cars must have been in the works since about the mid 1600eds then. About time it was released.

Or it could be that the guy actually meant that the base models that all other meshes are built around/on took 6 months to develop since it was a huge leap from PS2 proccessing power. 

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
Rath said:
Killzone3 said:
DKII said:
It's a demo of GT5 isn't it? Why wouldn't it be free?

Cause its not a demo duhh, GT4 prologue and GT concept cost $.

I dont quite get it, whats the difference between this and a demo?

Being charged money for a demo doesnt stop it being a demo - it just makes it a demo I wouldnt get.

Really.

How many demos give you 22 cars 4 tracks and 16 player online play ? 

It is a fucking demo. Maybe larger than usual, but still a demo. It demoes: Tracks Cars Online Or does the demo have such a high percentage from the full game, that it is the actual game? Then, is GT 5 an expansion set or is it a sequel? How many tracks will GT 5 have? What different game types are in GT 5 and what are in prologue? We can compare how big demos other type of games should have to get in par with GT 5 prologue.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Holy crap.

Prologue games have been full priced games before right?

This would be a great deal, but if they had sold it as a game it would have been a good system seller.

Now it's just going to be a great deal for people who already own PS3s.

Do the people calling it a demo comprehend that prologue GT games are sold as full games?

By the way there is a GT demo and it's called GT HD and it is free and it's been on the PS3 since 2006.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

@ Mummelmann

In other words; since they have 50 cars in it, they've been working on it since 1982?

If this was stated I am sure they weretalking about something like manyears or rather manmonths. If you have 100 people working on a game for a year that's 100 manyears, having one multi-talented person do all the work would not be possible as there wasn't even anything that resembles a PS3 a 100 years ago.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Wow, I knew Sony was desperate for sales, but... Oh wow... If its only the prolouge though, this will be an excellent strategy.

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

MikeB said:
@ Mummelmann

In other words; since they have 50 cars in it, they've been working on it since 1982?

If this was stated I am sure they weretalking about something like manyears or rather manmonths. If you have 100 people working on a game for a year that's 100 manyears, having one multi-talented person do all the work would not be possible as there wasn't even anything that resembles a PS3 a 100 years ago.

Did you read my entire post? If you did it would be clear that it was a sarcastic remark... I'm actually aware of how games are made, that's why I thought it sounded so strangely formulated.  Polyphony didn't eveb exist in '82, let alone in the 1600eds, as I'm sure everyone in here are aware of.