By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ohh wow - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for Free ?

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/leipzig07/story.html?sid=6177157&pid=942026&tag=top_stories%3Bstory%3B2&page=1

"The game is due for release on the PlayStation Network as a free download later this year."

Oh this better be true, not some lost in translation thing.

Around the Network

Ya, it'll be free. And it will have damage modeling for the whiners.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This is so Sony wmd for xmas, give the millions of GT nuts a reason to buy a PS3 now rather then when ever the hell GT5 finally hits.

the announced it will be free back when they announced GTHD was going to be free...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It's a demo of GT5 isn't it? Why wouldn't it be free?

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Ya, it'll be free. And it will have damage modeling for the whiners.

Am I the only one who kinda expects a car game to have damage shown on the car??

Hey, in Mario Kart, your kart gets hit with all sorts of Goomba's, flashing people, shells, bombs, and the Kart isn't damage at all. I think GT5 is just tired of the comparison of the same damage modeling as Mario Kart.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
Hey, in Mario Kart, your kart gets hit with all sorts of Goomba's, flashing people, shells, bombs, and the Kart isn't damage at all. I think GT5 is just tired of the comparison of the same damage modeling as Mario Kart.

Hmmm Comical racing VS. real life sim...   Who'da thunk it?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Despite the sarcastic nature of my comment, you've kinda got to be realistic.

If you crash at 120 miles per hour, your car isn't moving again. Admittedly, this adds a layer of great realism in that crashing is bad in a racing sim. Put players like some forgiveness? A fender bender is a start, but a blown engine and a AAA call is too much.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

DKII said:
It's a demo of GT5 isn't it? Why wouldn't it be free?

Cause its not a demo duhh, GT4 prologue and GT concept cost $.