By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wiisistance is futile, Wiimageddon is almost upon us...

Here's a list of titles for the Wii that should be available in at least one of the major markets in time for this Holiday shopping season (some are JP only for this year, to be released next year in NA/EU). I merely picked the titles that hold some interest for me so if I left something off that you are looking forward to or made a mistake then that's either an oversight or just due to my bad taste...

Battalion Wars 2
Guitar Hero 3
Dance Dance Revolution, Hottest Party
Final Fantasy, Crystal Bearers
Fire Emblem, Goddess of Dawn
Soul Calibur Legends
Kings Story
No More Heroes
Tales of Symphonia 2
Chocobo Mystery Dunegon
Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon
My Sims
Dewys Adventure
Nights, Journey of Dreams
Zack n' Wiki
Manhunt 2
Red Steel 2
Disaster, Day of Crisis
Bully, Scholarship Edition
Trauma Center, New Blood
Endless Ocean
Geometry Wars Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Mario Kart
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Metroid Prime 3
WiiMusic
WiiFit
Super Mario Galaxy
Sword of Legendia

This lineup looks very powerful to me. After cogitating on it awhile I was struck by how similar it is starting to look compared to the DS libary. I really think the mojo guiding the DS has been tapped into by the Wii. That is good for the future of the Wii if it pans out that way. It appears to me that a critical mass of titles will soon be available. Out of the thirty titles listed my low end estimate is that 10 of them will get 8+ ratings. Again, low end estimate, 4 of them will get 9+ ratings. If that happens then there will be enough entertainment on the Wii for me until we see Dec '08 roll around. Of course there will probably be some great titles released throughout '08 so I suspect Wii will be busy.

Around the Network

Here are the games that I plan to purchase:

Battalion Wars 2,  Final Fantasy, Crystal Bearers, No More Heroes, Dewys Adventure, Zack n' Wiki, Trauma Center, New Blood, Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, WiiFit, Super Mario Galaxy

Games I might buy if they turn out good:

Guitar Hero 3, Soul Calibur Legends, Nights, Journey of Dreams, Disaster, Day of Crisis, Bully, Scholarship Edition, Geometry Wars Galaxy, WiiMusic

I already have Super Paper Mario.

This list is pretty strong...  quite a few games I'm going to buy and quite a few I'm on the fence for.  Good thing I have money to burn LOL.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Except I think the lineup of both other consoles is better for the rest of the year.

It's only Wiimageddon to people who believe what you believe same way some people think the end of the world can come at any moment. It's reality to them.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Except I think the lineup of both other consoles is better for the rest of the year.

It's only Wiimageddon to people who believe what you believe same way some people think the end of the world can come at any moment. It's reality to them.

Indeed and that is your opinion, however can you justify how the PS3 has a better line up for this year than the Wii? I seriously dont see how that can be possible when you consider its three biggest hitters (FF13, MGS4 and GT5) are coming next year and 3 of its 4 big titles for this year (HS, Lair, Warhawk) are starting to get mediocre reviews.

I thought day of disaster was on the shelf, or at least nothing has been shown about it since E3 last year. I don't think that should be on the list.

But yeah, I hope there is a summer drought next year so I can catch up on those.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Yeah, PS3's line up is really turning into a dissapointment. It's big AAA titles are getting less than AAA reviews. the 360 definately still has a strong line up, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it blows the Wii's away. It will be an interesting holiday season in the US market. Wii will still destroy everything world wide though.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

@DarkNight_DS

Almost exactly how I view those titles now.

@ckmlb

I'm sure that there are other great lineups. It's Wiimageddeon because the Wii looks to be getting a great lineup. There is no reflection on another lineup or one mentioned. Thank you for your comment and constructive insight.

@Soriku

Sorry, I'm a retard.

@The_Vagabond7

I forgot about that... hrm, I'll replace that with Rockband or Endless Ocean or Legendia.

when i buy my wii, i'll pick up metroid prime 3, super paper mario, super mario galaxy, and smash bros brawl, but it won't happen till christmas

I agree this is a very good list, not to mention these probably another 10% of high selling trash.

The 360 does have a decent line up, but i dont think it compares to the variety here, almost everything high profile due on the 360 is an FPS, as usual and i dont think thats the sort of game parents/reltives are over keen on buying as gifts, atleast not on the same scale as something like zack n wiki or MG.

The PS3 owner has what to look forward to? PES iwould guess is the biggest title, HS will sell well along with a few of the other high profile disapointments.

Rath said:
ckmlb said:

Indeed and that is your opinion, however can you justify how the PS3 has a better line up for this year than the Wii? I seriously dont see how that can be possible when you consider its three biggest hitters (FF13, MGS4 and GT5) are coming next year and 3 of its 4 big titles for this year (HS, Lair, Warhawk) are starting to get mediocre reviews.

Even without the big 3, it has a better lineup overall to me. If you own a PS3 alone, without a 360, it has a much better lineup than Wii in the number of good games. As far as the specifically best games coming out, Mario and Metroid will probably be better than almost all the good games on PS3 for the year but that's about specific game comparisons, not the lineups.

My personal favorites right now on both consoles:

Wii- Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, No More Heroes, Smash Bros. (I'm not a very big Smash fun but I like playing it).

PS3- Ratchet and Clank, Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword, Stranglehold, UT 3, Warhawk, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted.

As you can see some of the best games on PS3 are also going on 360, but if you compare PS3 and Wii alone PS3 has a better lineup in my opinion. So if I had only a PS3 and Wii I would be more excited by the PS3 lineup, but in regards to specific games Mario Galaxy would be the most anticipated game (and it is for me right now among all three consoles).

With all that said, the 360 lineup for the year is the best out of the 3.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!