By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 firmware 2.7 details leaked? WOW JUST WOW ................

PS3 firmware 2.7 details leaked?

Voice messaging, Home integration, in-game internet and more

www.cvg.co.uk

A thread on the Game Trailers' forum claims to have the details on what we can expect from the next PS3 firmware drop.

Nothing's been confirmed by Sony and we'll ask for a 'no comment' when people turn up for work. All this info comes from a source who is said to work "in an R&D department at Sony". Stranger things have happened...

Friends List:
- Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
- Home Integration: Saved PlayStation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer Card/Friends List.
- Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.

Gamer Card & Trophies:
- Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the PlayStation Store aesthetic.
- Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting "Recent Trophy History" option.
- Newly acquired trophies auto-sync in the background
- Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.

In-Game XMB:
- Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seamless in-game experience.
- "Theme settings" options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.
- Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.
- Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.
- Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.

----------------------

if the above is true, then PSN is deffo equal to LIVE imo

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

inb4 people call BS on the "I have a friend at Sony" thing. It's not impossible people.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

"Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seamless in-game experience" This matters!

if true then fuck yh

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

well u never know if this is true or not.

its not as if sony cant do this or anything, i just hope most of these additions make it in next update, especially the voice recording messeging as i feel that was a very good option on xbox live.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Damn, that is one huge update. It does nearly everything I've been waiting for, hope it's true.

It's a little early for april fools so lets keep our fingers crossed!

just keep those updates coming :)))

I would love that update but it's too good to be 2.7,,maybe 3.0?

NIce! I like the idea of sending of voice message! After "phonography", now "PS3graphy"