By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy is pure genius!!!

Soriku said:

I thought SMG was...OK.

I bored me sometimes. And the soundtrack sucked except for like 2-3 tracks which weren't THAT great.

But that's probably because it doesn't have a good story (no good story = I'm bored) and plus the music isn't the type I like. Like...there were no catchy tunes.

Paper Mario: TTYD is still my favorite Mario game ever.

we can't help it you are boring

Anyways, if you knew you didn't like games without stories, I don't know why you bothered to get this game in the first place.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

A truly amazing game it is, the only game in a looong time that has actually moved me to jump with joy at the pure brilliance of the game design. I found myself smiling, even laughing to myself as I progressed through the game.

Thank you Nintendo, for saving video gaming.

I just can't believe it! Galaxy has one of the best soundtracks ever in videogame history. Great songs, beautifully arrangement. You may not like the style, but it is simply awesome. LOTS of memorable tracks and the nice additions of ressurected SMB3 tunes. How can anyone deny the greatness of Battlerock Galaxy and Gusty Garden themes?

Awesome trailer for the new Ganbare Goemon game, to be released in March, 2009 for... Well, it's a Pachinko machine with a display. Oh, God.

*NEW SUPER MARIO BROS WII*:  Now it's gonna happen!!! Thank you so much Nintendo.

The fascinating question is whether this will beat all of this years games to win game of the year at the BAFTA game awards. It deserves it

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Soriku said:

I bored me sometimes. And the soundtrack sucked except for like 2-3 tracks which weren't THAT great.

But that's probably because it doesn't have a good story (no good story = I'm bored) and plus the music isn't the type I like. Like...there were no catchy tunes.

Really? Good Egg / Gusty Garden / Gateway Galaxies didn't have good music in your opinion? I thought they were up there with the classic Mario themes from the NES/SNES/64.

Around the Network

I nominate Soriku as first in line for being a human sacrifice should we ever need to make one.

Soriku said:

Nope. My favorite songs were these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9Wy5X7WfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUYZ2YzrwC8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BatLwZXdBw&feature=related (the boss music)

Everything else sucked.

TTYD's music was WAAAAAAAAAAY better. Would you...like to know which music I liked from that game?

Well, I'll have to disagree. All those were good, but IMO not as good as those three I listed.

Yes, which music from TTYD did you like? I thought the first Paper Mario had better music than that - Toad Town, Shiver Mountain, Gusty Gulch...

ALMOST THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD

hello how are you.

One of the few games that's ever really blown me away from start to finish. Most games take me a while to "get into" as it were, for the first couple of days i kinda force myself to play them until they really start rolling, but Super Mario Galaxy left me breathless from the start

I can't even really think of other games that did that, aside from Metroid Prime

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Soriku said:

I thought SMG was...OK.