By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN believes that Killzone 2 is quite choice

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/815/815430p1.html

"With all the craziness that's going on in the typical Killzone 2 screen, Mathijs and Steven don't expect you to notice what's going on with the 500 different light sources around the level -- and that's a good thing. You're supposed to be caught up in the seamless experience. But with the game paused, Steven clicks off the cross-processing filters and harsh sunlight floods the once dark arena. Parts of Killzone 2 are extremely dark and hard to see in, and that's on purpose. Guerrilla is trying to change the feeling of environments through light or the lack thereof."

Well, sounds like the graphical effects are nice, but the gameplay is what's important. Let's take a look, shall we?

"After the detailed breakdown was over, Mathijs surrendered the controller to IGN. This game plays well. From the moment we picked it up and began using it's double analog control scheme, everything felt natural. We blew away some guards, hurled a few grenades and tried out the brand new jump function. Jumping was left out of the original game in an effort to keep it based in reality, but even here it's being grounded -- you can't fire while in the air and can oly leap over small obstacles."

Oh IGN, you are such connoisseurs. For every fanboy who's ever said, "You can't spell Ignorant with IGN", they just gave you something to be happy about. It seems like Killzone 2 will not only be quite impressive graphically, with 780p graphics and 30 frames per second, but it will also boast detailed and atmospheric gameplay. And no, that was not from IGN.

Screenshots will be put here:

Sorry, while editing my post, I accidently tripled posted.

Around the Network

????

Well, you can fire in mid air, just if it's with a rifle, you won't have a gun in your hands much longer.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Crap, something is messed up with the editing option. Excuse me, it might get messy.

Around the Network

It actually seemed to be running even smoother then 30 fps in all the vidoes I've seen.

Although Resistance: FOM is locked on 30 fps and I can't really tell.

The new gunfire video posted in another thread really shows how this game, graphics wise, is really a cut above all the other console FPS out there.

Change the feeling through lack of light? Yes because not enough next gen shooters are stupidly dull. Gears, resistance all have insanely faded colours. We don't need another.

Even though im not a Halo fan im looking forward to that game just because at least it looks different. There are actualy colours other than shades of brown.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Sorry if the screenshots look too pixelated, I had to do some size adjustment.

Those sob's are still hush hush on the online part.

wait a sec, u telling me they do all that work just to be able to say "720p, 30 fps" no way is sony gona let that happen

back on topic, i hope they really make it a war zone (im not gona say it). not just ur group in the fight gunnin the enemy down, but lots of soldiers. and the result of it is that people are dying all the time. i wanna see people dying cause you just dont get the feel of war in like any game, you only get the feel of attacking someone.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.