By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii a prop in Gillette commerical (Fusion razor, staring NASCAR Young Guns)

I was watching the Daytona 500 Sunday and one of the commericals featured the "Gillette Young Guns" (younger drivers who receive sponsorship funds from Gillette for their Fusion razo. In the commercial, the drivers break into a race track, power the big screen scoreboard with a razor, and start playing a game on their Wii. Neither the console nor the game -- NASCAR Kart Racing by EA -- are mentioned in the ad.  But they are there.

I could not find a video of it on the net. But I did find some some PR about it:

During the off-season, Busch was welcomed to the Gillette Young Guns team when he participated in a two-day ad shootto support the launch of the gaming-inspired Gillette Fusion Power Gamer, which features Fusion’s 5-bladed shaving surface for unsurpassed comfort and a sleek new look. The spot, titled ‘Jumbotron,’ was created by BBDO NY, features all six Gillette Young Guns. Airing for the first time during the FOX telecast of the Daytona 500, ‘Jumbotron’ follows the Gillette Young Guns as they attempt to sneak into the race track and play video games from atop a motorcoach.

http://autoracingsport.com/nascar/kyle-busch-joins-gillette-young-guns/

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Now with a link to the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qqsNK5BHeY

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

well ea will like it free advertising,as well as nitendo.

Nintendo keep getting free advertising it seems.

Fusion, Phenom, is there a deal between Gillette and AMD too?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Razor commercials are so weird.

Signature goes here!

Thats good advertising, pity the game is completely fu--ked bcoz MK is the king

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

They aren't advertising the EA game that well, a future customer could think it was Mario Kart instead of their game.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"