By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I have noticed that there are three kinds of alliances

as far as fanboy versus fanboy seems to go. On one camp we have the Wii and 360 crowd. Of course they may seem different at first glance but the critical factor is that they hardly ever disagree with eachother, so I think that that these two seem to be allied more than they are opposing. On the other hand, you have camp which purely follows the PS3, but this is much smaller, of course lol Then you have the people that don't really care about the format war and just want to play video games. I've noticed that quite a few on here just don't have any alliance at all, which is refreshing to watch as well. Comments,thoughts,etc?

Around the Network

I see it as two sides basically. I see one side as gamers and I see one side as fanboys. Gamers are folks who love to game no matter what the system the games are on they just want to have fun. Fanboy criticize each other system based on games, powers, ability's, or accessory's.

I have been a gamer for over 20 years of my life and I have seen console battles from the start and I have always found them ignorant. Competition is good in the console market because it doesn't let it get stagnant and brings innovation to the market.

Fanboys will continue yapping on about how each of the systems will reign supreme over the other ones. Gamers will just continue to game no matter what the system the games come on.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

I think I kind of weave in and out of "fanboy" mode. I love the Wii but I don't find it or Nintendo perfect. I have no problem defending the 360 or PS3 when they deserve it against ridiculous claims or complaining about Nintendo's horrible decision on the credit card #s for their online.

Oddly enough, I'm more anti FF fanboy than anything else. Combine a console fanboyism with FF fanboyism and you've got some of the most annoying fanboys ever.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I don't think you are right, because I belong to none of your three groups. I think that it is also often the case that the Nintendo loyalists are against the HD-consoles crowd, and sometimes it is also J-Gamers (Nintendo and Sony) against Western-Gamers (Microsoft and PC) so I think all the possible alliances are existing.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

yea i see one side as fanboys and the other side are just gamers thats what i see..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

I like great games... No matter what the platform...

I will buy any platform that has great games exclusively for it.

But, yes, I am guilty of platform religion. But, that's because I believe the best games are on it not because I like the vendor.

I just like video games but that doesn't mean I can't take Sony to task for bumbling the PS3, just as I took Nintendo to task for bumbling the N64/GC and MS for bumbling damned near everything at one time or another.

I'm completely agnostic when it comes to gaming consoles and my purchases show it. I buy whatever has the games I want to play (hence my current ownership of a DS, 360, PS2, PSP, co-ownership of a PS3, and former ownership of a Wii).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Personally, I like the Wii and PS3 but I hate 360. But I have never said anything negative about 360 because there's nothing to say. Rather, normally I make an argument mostly on the PS3 because of unsupported claims by some forums users who put down the Wii just cuz they don't like the console.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

I'm a fanboy...of super spectacular awesomely fantastic games!!! i go where the games are whether it be a wii, xbox, ps2, pc(favorite actually =D) and soon to be 360. and then eventually getting a ps3 if and when i get a hd tv for that bluray thing i keep hearing about.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I am sony and nintendo pro.
Anything xbox I would pass.

mM