By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long have you been playing video games?

for me it was like this

NES > Mega Drive > PS1 > PS2 > PS3 - Xbox 360

i think I was about 4 - 5 years old when I got my NES now I'm 21 so about 16 - 17 years

Around the Network

Since I was 2....

Former something....

On my 10th birthday i received a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64, and that was in 1999, so i've been on the road of gaming for a solid decade now.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Regularly: since I received an Intellivision, 26-27 years ago IIRC.
But I played first time with a Pong arcade some years before, some years later Space Invaders and after it went a lot of arcade games that I played quite often (I really sucked, but I liked them). Intellivision saved my pockets, yes, I had to buy cartridges, but then I hadn't to put coin after coin to keep on playing

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

For over thirty years now. Enough said.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I think I've been playing games ever since I was 6 or 7, but I could be wrong could have been at a later age.

GamingChartzFTW said:

Since this one.

This is where I started too, albeit a number of years after its release.

since i was 3-4...my first game was super mario world...=D

Can you guys who are saying the age you started at, maybe give us how many years that is? It doesn't really tell us how long you've been playing videogames if you say "since 'X'".

And since I only mentioned the Odyssey, and a pong ripoff, I'll say it's been about 30 years for me. Wheee!

Oh, and I just remembered the name of the game that actually hooked me on gaming: Infocom's Cutthroats. That led to Zork, which led to many years of rescuing princesses, and laying waste to alien armadas.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

since Zelda =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO