By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What exactly are Nintendo doing right now? Dev teams analysis + Predictions

Less acronym speak please. If you create a key with "EAD" then please define it. Feel like I am in a doctor's office where they are speaking in code to keep me ignorant of what is happening to my own body.

Around the Network
Killiana1a said:

Less acronym speak please. If you create a key with "EAD" then please define it. Feel like I am in a doctor's office where they are speaking in code to keep me ignorant of what is happening to my own body.

You could look it up. Wikipedia has a list of all of the teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Nintendo_developers

I'm sure that Mario Kart 3DS will be a launch title. A 2012 release is absurd.

Soleron said:

The list is very useful, thanks.

I'm guessing Intelligent Systems will do an Advance Wars or Fire Emblem 3DS, because they have a gap in their release cadence then. I'm hoping (futilely) it's a 2D Metroid for 3DS though, since they worked on Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission. Worst case though, 3DS Metroid 'support' will consist of a Hunters sequel from NST.

IntSys only did programming support on Super Metroid, and didn't do anything at all for Fusion or Zero Mission.  They did convert the original Metroid from FDS disc to NES cart though.

They also already have an announced 3DS game (Paper Mario sequel).

I wouldn't rule out a "real" Metroid on 3DS eventually though.  Maybe SPD1 and Team Ninja will even convert their gorgeous Other M engine for it?  I'm pretty sure Prime (in all it's forms) is probably finished too...

jarrod said:
Soleron said:

IntSys only did programming support on Super Metroid, and didn't do anything at all for Fusion or Zero Mission.  They did convert the original Metroid from FDS disc to NES cart though.

I wouldn't rule out a "real" Metroid on 3DS eventually though.  Maybe SPD1 and Team Ninja will even convert their gorgeous Other M engine for it?  I'm pretty sure Prime (in all it's forms) is probably finished too...

Most of the internet is under the impression that IS did Fusion. Only Wikipedia says R&D1, and I can't tell from watching the game credits.

Google search "metroid fusion" "intelligent systems" and see for yourself. If IS didn't do it then I don't know what made me and everyone else think that. And whoever did Fusion did Zero Mission.

IS has the capacity for two projects at once from the schedule. They've released two big games in a year before, and Paper Mario 3DS looks close to completion from the demo impressions I've read.

--

I said I hoped for a 2D Metroid, because I dislike Other M and Hunters, which are the most recent handheld and console Metroids. I loved Prime and Super, and am ambivalent about Fusion.

Around the Network
Dand said:

I'm sure that Mario Kart 3DS will be a launch title. A 2012 release is absurd.

It won't be a launch title.. It'll come out for holiday 2011 at the earliest. 

thats awesome.

Soleron said:
jarrod said:
Soleron said:

Most of the internet is under the impression that IS did Fusion. Only Wikipedia says R&D1, and I can't tell from watching the game credits.

Google search "metroid fusion" "intelligent systems" and see for yourself. If IS didn't do it then I don't know what made me and everyone else think that. And whoever did Fusion did Zero Mission.

IS has the capacity for two projects at once from the schedule. They've released two big games in a year before, and Paper Mario 3DS looks close to completion from the demo impressions I've read.

--

I said I hoped for a 2D Metroid, because I dislike Other M and Hunters, which are the most recent handheld and console Metroids. I loved Prime and Super, and am ambivalent about Fusion.

Mobygames is great resource for cross-checking game credits, and fortunately they have full staff credit for both Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission.  They also pretty clearly list R&D1 as the developer, and the core staff doesn't contain any Intelligent Systems people...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gameboy-advance/metroid-fusion/credits

http://www.mobygames.com/game/metroid-zero-mission

...if you really want to look at the ultimate authority though, check the Metroid Database (http://www.metroid-database.com).  Just because "most of the internet" has no clue doesn't mean you have to follow in their ignorance...

Also, IntSys team is currently wrapping the Fire Emblem III remake for DS.  After that I fully expect that team to move to 3DS FE remakes or maybe a new 3DS Advance Wars.  It also wouldn't surprise me if IntSys was doing a 3DS Wario Ware at the moment.

Anyone here go to E3 to play the demo?

I Wonder whats gonna come out first a Wii 1.5 (Revised Wii)

Or a whole new console.