By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers FEAR 2 video review

Here is an awesome review of FEAR 2 that I find to be right on the money.

They gave it 8.7 for people that don't want to watch.

Story 8.8, Design 8.5, gameplay 8.5, presentation 9.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45551.html?type=

Ive beaten about 50% of the game and while it does start somewhat slow, after an hour it meets or exceeds every expectation I've had... and I had huge expectations for this game. There is some scary shit in this game and it improves on the first FEAR in every possible way. One slight creticism that I have is that its too easy with the amount of bullet time they give you. Hopefully a harder setting is unlocked when I beat it...

But otherwise well done Monolith!

Side note - that Eurogamer review that gave this game 5/10 is not even close to reality of this games quality. This is easily one of the best shooters around when it comes to visuals (PC version please), sound and gameplay.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm just over half way done with it and it's fantastic. The atmosphere is incredible.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

i would rate the demo 7.5 and if you say the game gets better then 8.7 is very well reasonable.

did you find out in the game that why enemies change color in slow mode?

SpartanFX said:
i would rate the demo 7.5 and if you say the game gets better then 8.7 is very well reasonable.

did you find out in the game that why enemies change color in slow mode?

lol. Its his glasses. The whole color spectrum is a little off mostly because hes wearing those...they enhance visibility of enemies when going in to slow mo. There is a part when he has them off and puts them on and what you see without them is quite different.

Yeah, that Demo is not in the game. bits and pieces show up separatly but it was all chopped up for the demo.

I love how you can carry 4 guns at a time. So many cool weapons and I dont have to chose between 2. When Halo did that (made 2 weapons at a time rule) it was cool...but its time for devs to let us have more.

Yeah man I was wondering about this gamespot gave this game a Fucking 7 wtf? I really dont take their reviews to heart they are TOO critical and picky

Around the Network

The single player in Fear 2 is fantastic. Probably the most immersive and enjoyable FPS single player campaign I've played since Bioshock.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

Bioshock has to be one if not the best FPS I ever played I was completely taken in by that games story and visuals and gameplay...a little action...scary at times...and perfect controls and story best FPS for sure...was one of those games I just did'nt want to beat

I'll rent this tomorrow. If it weren't for Killzone I'd probably be buying it. I really enjoyed the original.

disolitude said:

Here is an awesome review of FEAR 2 that I find to be right on the money.

They gave it 8.7 for people that don't want to watch.

Story 8.8, Design 8.5, gameplay 8.5, presentation 9.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45551.html?type=

Ive beaten about 50% of the game and while it does start somewhat slow, after an hour it meets or exceeds every expectation I've had... and I had huge expectations for this game. There is some scary shit in this game and it improves on the first FEAR in every possible way. One slight criticism that I have is that its too easy with the amount of bullet time they give you. Hopefully a harder setting is unlocked when I beat it...

But otherwise well done Monolith!

Side note - that Eurogamer review that gave this game 5/10 is not even close to reality of this games quality. This is easily one of the best shooters around when it comes to visuals (PC version please), sound and gameplay.

I'm really happy to read this from a credible person.

What I am expecting is a great atmospheric shooter.

Unfortunately it is released about the same time with KZ2. And this will harm not the sales but the anticipation for the game.

Why? Because it is quite obvious that from certain sites and magazines there is an effort to downgrade this game and its true potential in order not to harm KZ's prestige.

It sounds like a flamebait, but it is a fact, though this has nothing to do with the true quality of both games which is undoubtly very very high.

I see the exact same thing happening with RE5.

Well, I won't be playing any other shooter any time soon, so FEAR2 has already gained a place in my heart, in my collection, and in my 360....

This'll probably be a rental. I liked the demo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.