By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers FEAR 2 video review

Were those mouse QTE sequences I saw? Are those hard on your mouse? Just the thing I want to do, jam needlessly on my mouse buttons :P

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
Were those mouse QTE sequences I saw? Are those hard on your mouse? Just the thing I want to do, jam needlessly on my mouse buttons :P

First of all im over half way in now and that happened 5-6 times and lasts 4 seconds. It also can be totally avoided.

Secondly it actually works with the game. On the 360 its b button. The action is so fast paced and tense that mashing a button is about the only thing a sane person can do when being humped by those creatures :)

Ok, wow. Just beat the game. Gotta say, amazing game, but an ending that will have you WTFing back to the video game store. Seriously? Thats how it ends? Was there supposed to be something after the credits? Theres no way that was the last leve, it didn't even end! It just kinda went from what LOOKED like it could be the last scene, but it ended the scene right in the middle(or what I thought should have been the middle) and then went to credits...

gah! What on Earth happened? O_O

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@Shadowblind

Noooooo dont tell us :)

I have a feeling they are preparing for FEAR 3... Id love to see a game with hte character from FEAR 1 and Michael Becket (the main guy in FEAR 2) joining together to bring down...whoever is left alive on the end of FEAR 2...

With 2 seperate campaigns to chose from that are connected (ala Resident Evil 2)...or Coop possibly? :)

Yea, I read the story on Wikipedia after seeing this thread. Seriously... It's a 'wtf' read.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
@Shadowblind

Noooooo dont tell us :)

I have a feeling they are preparing for FEAR 3... Id love to see a game with hte character from FEAR 1 and Michael Becket (the main guy in FEAR 2) joining together to bring down...whoever is left alive on the end of FEAR 2...

With 2 seperate campaigns to chose from that are connected (ala Resident Evil 2)...or Coop possibly? :)

No, they didn't even set it up...I mean, they might have, but....it just kind of ended. It wasn't even an ending it was just a cutscene that stopped half way through and went to credits o_o

GAH! I want to know what happens!!!! >_< 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

This will be added to my Horror list of games , I will be getting Dead Space, Fear 2, Fatal Frame 4, and Resident Evil 5..

Not a bad list there..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

epinefridis said:

Why? Because it is quite obvious that from certain sites and magazines there is an effort to downgrade this game and its true potential in order not to harm KZ's prestige.

Lol, Paranoid much?

Anyways, I haven't played the single player campaign just yet, but I am very disappointed on the online aspect so far (PS3 version).

this is why.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fear-2-project-origin/7458-online-issues.html

I'm about to play some single player, but I really hope by the time I'm done, Monolith will have patched the MP. 

bbsin said:
epinefridis said:

Why? Because it is quite obvious that from certain sites and magazines there is an effort to downgrade this game and its true potential in order not to harm KZ's prestige.

Lol, Paranoid much?

Anyways, I haven't played the single player campaign just yet, but I am very disappointed on the online aspect so far (PS3 version).

this is why.

I'm about to play some single player, but I really hope by the time I'm done, Monolith will have patched the MP.

The online isn't very good anyway, on 360 either. Stick to the SP.

bbsin said:
epinefridis said:

Lol, Paranoid much?

this is why.

Damn, that would suck. maybe its jsut some people... hopefully you arent affected.

I kind of like the MP. Its simple and basic but has a balanced approach. Reminds me of Counter Strike actually... But the single player is the meat and bones of this package.