By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Top 20 + Top 10 by Platform

this is exactly the reason why ms will not cancel xbox live gold payment, because it's constantly the top selling accessory for ms. Just like Sony finally woke up and put last generation feature back to their controller, it's their best selling accessory.

Around the Network

This is the beginning of a golden age for Wii software sales.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

PS has fallen in the US

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

lol at that game boy advance top. Only good games

The PS3's software sales in the US are horrible. Hopefully KZ2 can boost them for a few weeks.

Around the Network

Its great that valve is getting the sales they deserve.

Aiemond said:
So CoD WaW: Wii is selling more than all but one of the ps3 titles? I thought it was a colossal failure according to ps3 fans. So what does this mean for the rest of the ps3 software?

Using America numbers....

Cod:WAW PS3 1.53 M / 7.75M consoles = ~20% attach rate

CoD:WaW 360 3.35M / 16.22M consoles = ~21% attach rate

CoD:WaW Wii 0.63M / 20.99M consoles = ~ 3% attach rate

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Oh, how the mighty have fallen so badly.

And grats @ L4D, Valve deserves it!

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Tyrannical said:
Aiemond said:
So CoD WaW: Wii is selling more than all but one of the ps3 titles? I thought it was a colossal failure according to ps3 fans. So what does this mean for the rest of the ps3 software?

We are talking attatch rate? How does this even have anything to do with the Jan NPD numbers. The question still stands: If CoD:WaW is a failure according to ps3 fans, and it is outselling all but one of their titles this month, what does this tell us about ps3 software?

Attatch rate means nothing, raw numbers is where everything is at. As for cod:waw wii I never said anything about it selling better on the wii than the other systems. But don't bring attatch ratios out because it means nothing.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Aiemond said:
Tyrannical said:
Aiemond said:

We are talking attatch rate? How does this even have anything to do with the Jan NPD numbers. The question still stands: If CoD:WaW is a failure according to ps3 fans, and it is outselling all but one of their titles this month, what does this tell us about ps3 software?

Attatch rate means nothing, raw numbers is where everything is at. As for cod:waw wii I never said anything about it selling better on the wii than the other systems. But don't bring attatch ratios out because it means nothing.

I thought you asked why PS3 owners called it a failure.

And I think you already know what this tells us about PS3 software sales,

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire