By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers Review - 6.9

thats exactly what id give it.
im actually going to play it again right now..

Around the Network

For something that sits on the borderline of shovelware (the real definition, not the general synonym for bad game), that's pretty good.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Not sure if I want this game...something about it attracts me to it. (might be the bikinis...)

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Gamerace said:
Better score than I expected

Me too.

It's probably the boobies and blood.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

LordTheNightKnight said:
scottie said:
"but no effort was put into explaining the story"

That's not how this game rolls. Anyway, sounds like fun as long as you dont take your gaming too seriously. I shall probably buy it when I can get it on the cheap

What the f***? They really think this game is supposed to have a story?

"Zombies over there. Kill they ass!"

I'd hate for them to review Pac-Man this way.

Somewhere along the way gaming entered a phase where everything seemingly must have a story attached to it.  Even Mario gets bashed for being the same plot over and over "King Koopa kidnaps Princess Toadstool and Mario must rescue her."  Some see that as Mario becoming stale and rehashed while others see it as Mario staying true to his origins.  I prefer the latter view myself.  If the story isn't a focal part of the game then shoehorning it in to be one seems counterintuitive.

Around the Network

I probably shouldn't admit this in public, but I think I'm going to end up buying both the 360 and the Wii versions!

d21lewis said:
I probably shouldn't admit this in public, but I think I'm going to end up buying both the 360 and the Wii versions!

I understand completely. If I had money to burn, I'd put this game right next to Ninjabread Man in my collection.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Words Of Wisdom said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
scottie said:
"but no effort was put into explaining the story"

That's not how this game rolls. Anyway, sounds like fun as long as you dont take your gaming too seriously. I shall probably buy it when I can get it on the cheap

What the f***? They really think this game is supposed to have a story?

"Zombies over there. Kill they ass!"

I'd hate for them to review Pac-Man this way.

Somewhere along the way gaming entered a phase where everything seemingly must have a story attached to it.  Even Mario gets bashed for being the same plot over and over "King Koopa kidnaps Princess Toadstool and Mario must rescue her."  Some see that as Mario becoming stale and rehashed while others see it as Mario staying true to his origins.  I prefer the latter view myself.  If the story isn't a focal part of the game then shoehorning it in to be one seems counterintuitive.

And the ones that actually have a story driven premise actually have different stories. Compare the stories of Super Mario RPG, and the three Paper Mario games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

got a 7/10 from gamedaily

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/onechanbara-bikini-zombie-slayers/wii/game-reviews/review/7477/2244/

I find it a bit strange that I'll be the first one (after many comments) in this thread to point out that the final review score is kind of.... ironic..... I'm sure you all know what I mean. :P