By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games would you like to see a part 2 of?

Skies of Arcadia (fav' RPG ever), Beyond Good & Evil (one of the best adventure game with the Zelda's), and Okami (too handsome, but a commercial kinda flop, so...)

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network

Without a doubt...

Planescape Torment !!!

The hype behind that would be like Fallout. Hell I would be happy with a graphical remake.

1) BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2!

2) SECOND SIGHT 2!

3) ETERNAL DARKNESS 2!

4) OKAMI 2!

5) KID ICARUS 2!

6) RED STEEL 2! 

THE NETHERLANDS

naznatips said:

3) Chrono Trigger sequel, along with an official statement from Square that Chrono Cross is not related to Chrono Trigger at all, so that I can finally get that shameful excuse for on RPG away from my favorite RPG ever.

Even I have to agree that it's not really a CT sequel, but that by no means make it bad.  Judging it on its own merits, which is hard considering its predecessor, the game is well above average.  Maybe not fantastic, but certainly good enough to earn its own following.

Really, the "problem" with the game, as mentioned by many so called critics, is character development.  And, frankly, if you love playing RPGs that simply doesn't matter ('tis a shame I no longer have much time for this).  I think RPG stories are a shallow waste of time that get in the way of a book that will almost certainly be better in that aspect.  Character development in CT really isn't that great either, to an avid reader at least, and if you compare only the important characters of the two games then CC isn't even to be found lacking.

Though, obviously, what each of us desires from a game differs noticably.  I like to play the games I like for the fact that they play in a way I enjoy.  Almost everything else is nothing in comparison, though crappy graphics won't fly by me too easily.  Odd as it may seem, I genuinely enjoy the way a lot of RPGs play, including CC, and sometimes liked them for that reason.  CC may not have delivered the goods to you, good sir, but it delivered them to me without fail.

As they say:  "different strokes for different folks".  The game is, surely, not your cup of tea.  It is not, however, objectively a poor video game.  It is very well made, has a better soundtrack than even CT (though it's damn close), and has a pretty fun battle system considering how little character manipulation is really involved with the game (compared to some of my other favorites such as FF5, 7 and Tactics).

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Double post... *sigh*

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

XIII

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Beyond Good & Evil!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I would like to see a sequel to Freedom Force(PC), I know it had a sequel, but I enjoyed those games so much.

Hostile Waters 

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Evolva

naznatips said:
3) Chrono Trigger sequel, along with an official statement from Square that Chrono Cross is not related to Chrono Trigger at all, so that I can finally get that shameful excuse for on RPG away from my favorite RPG ever.

Seconded.  I'm not really an RPG guy, but Chrono Trigger is a strong contender for my favorite game of all time.

Body Harvest on N64 desperately needs an updated sequel.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.