By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection: This is how you do retro.

Can somebody list which games this comes with?

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network
Domo-Kun said:
Can somebody list which games this comes with?

Follow the links on the top.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

K.

I was hoping for the lazy solution.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

The visuals are nothing that you havent seen before if you used an emulator. Nothing has been "upscaled"...its using the smoothing engine that most other PC emulators offer.

Nevertheless i picked it up.

It has flaws gallore, such as local multiplayer only, badly emulated sound, no sonic3 + knuckles despite it having both games (terrible) and it has delay when using analog stick. You may ask why would you use analog stick? Cause the 360 dpad sucks... :)

But despite all of that, i bought it. You owe me one Sega...

Domo-Kun said:
Ya, is it scaled?

Cuz, retro games look like ass on HDTVs.

You are still getting sprite-based.  But, it worked as far as I am concerned.  Of course, your milage may vary.

Around the Network
Domo-Kun said:
K.

I was hoping for the lazy solution.

It is a lazy solution.  If you wanted a solution that wasn't lazy, that would be people actually posting all the games in this thread

disolitude said:
The visuals are nothing that you havent seen before if you used an emulator. Nothing has been "upscaled"...its using the smoothing engine that most other PC emulators offer.

It has flaws gallore, such as local multiplayer only, badly emulated sound, no sonic3 + knuckles despite it having both games (terrible) and it has delay when using analog stick. You may ask why would you use analog stick? Cause the 360 dpad sucks... :)

Ok, well maybe the PS3 D-Pad is better.   On the sound front, how do you know the sound is badly emulated?  The Genesis didn't have a great sound chip in it.  It did the job, but didn't sound great.  There is no way that this collection's sound emulation is as bad as the Sega Smash Pack.

I am curious where the dead spot is with the analog sticks.  I didn't know it was bad.

richardhutnik said:
disolitude said:

Ok, well maybe the PS3 D-Pad is better.   On the sound front, how do you know the sound is badly emulated?  The Genesis didn't have a great sound chip in it.  It did the job, but didn't sound great.  There is no way that this collection's sound emulation is as bad as the Sega Smash Pack.

I am curious where the dead spot is with the analog sticks.  I didn't know it was bad.

I have more than half of these games on my genesis and can play them side to side. Sound is emulated decent but it has some volume kinks as well as some odd sounds. Play sonic and knuckles and compare it to the original if you have it.

Analog sticks are pressure sensitive and i think sega made them work only when a certain level of pressure is applied. I think this is what causes the delay.

If i play this I will play it with my saturn pad on the 360 using adapters. That has no delays for some reason.

i get really nostalgic but i missed all these games when they came out so i will probably pick it up

Yeh I'm getting this. Are there trophies for each game?

Ynwa.