By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Solid Snake vs Master Chief

They are evenly matched, and Snake evantually dies because of his super fast aging.
Wow, I need to get laid.

Around the Network

I somehow just don't think the Tank in Halo can withstand Rex, that's just..... unlikely.

kiefer23 said:

Go read the Halo books and you will learn that Solid Snake (In his prime even) is a pussy compared to Master Chief.

I don't think Snake can run through a mine field with torn tendants in both of legs and deflect a missle from a jet with the palm of his hand all at the same time. A single Brute from Halo 3 could own Snake in CQC, heck a Gorilla could own Snake. The soldiers Snake fights are all blind retards who can't see a old man lieing on the floor directly in front of them.

Also Snake wouldn't of even bee able to survive the Spartan Augumentations Master Chief went through... Here are some of them.

1. Carbide ceramic ossification: Advanced material: special metal and ceramic layers, grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis. Specific risk for pre- and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.
  2. Muscular enhancement injections: Protein complex is injected intramuscular, to increase tissue density and decrease lactate recovery time. Risk: 5 percent of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.
  3. Catalytic thyroid implant: Platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. Risk: rare instances of elephantiasis. Suppressed sexual drive.
  4. Occipital capillary reversal: Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase. Risk: retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.
  5. Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: Alteration of bio-electrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. Risk: significant instances of Parkinson’s disease and Fletcher’s syndrome.

Experiences:

The carbide ceramic ossification bone grafts felt like glass breaking inside their marrow. Kurt-051 Ambrose explained that it felt like napalm being poured into his veins. The superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites felt like fire burning along their nerves on their spines. John-117 experienced bleeding eyes, incredible pain, and tripping over himself a lot due to the retinal, reflex enhancements, and bone strength increases.

Results:

The combined modifications produced unexpected and unexplained synergistic effects, later recorded as follows:

• Capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 KPH (34.155 MPH). Kelly-087 was capable of running even faster than the rest. Later on, John-117 runs at around 105 KPH (65.205 MPH) during a MJOLNIR MARK V training exercise.
  • Capable of lifting three times their body weight due to increased muscle density.
  • Virtual night vision.
  • Reaction times of 20 milliseconds. Significantly faster in combat situations.
  • Capable of unprecedented teamwork that resembled "telepathy".
  • No physiological or mental instabilities.
  • Unusual regenerative abilities.

Lets see 5mph Snake try to avoid 65mph Chief. MC is better trained, 5x stronger, 10xfaster, has better senses and regenerative abilities and this is all without the suit. You guys need to actually play the games and read the books before you all jump to conclusions backing your favorite character because most of you are fanboys plain and simple. I am a fan of both series and have completed every Metal Gear Solid and Halo game.. I don't choose sides I only tell you what the logical answer is with all my experience from the games and novels.

Guarenteed I get modded for this post...

Halo books=Star Wars expended universe=>they can't ever do that in the main series=>invalid.

kiefer23 said:
Sorry for bringing up a dead topic, I was linked here and thought it was still active. Lock this thread.

I see, tbh I think Samus can probably straight up rape them with some standard logic but this is MC vs SS.

dahuman said:
kiefer23 said:

Go read the Halo books and you will learn that Solid Snake (In his prime even) is a pussy compared to Master Chief.

I don't think Snake can run through a mine field with torn tendants in both of legs and deflect a missle from a jet with the palm of his hand all at the same time. A single Brute from Halo 3 could own Snake in CQC, heck a Gorilla could own Snake. The soldiers Snake fights are all blind retards who can't see a old man lieing on the floor directly in front of them.

Also Snake wouldn't of even bee able to survive the Spartan Augumentations Master Chief went through... Here are some of them.

1. Carbide ceramic ossification: Advanced material: special metal and ceramic layers, grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis. Specific risk for pre- and near-post pubescent adolescents: skeletal growth spurts may cause irreparable bone pulverization.
  2. Muscular enhancement injections: Protein complex is injected intramuscular, to increase tissue density and decrease lactate recovery time. Risk: 5 percent of test subjects experience a fatal cardiac volume increase.
  3. Catalytic thyroid implant: Platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues. Risk: rare instances of elephantiasis. Suppressed sexual drive.
  4. Occipital capillary reversal: Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase. Risk: retinal rejection and detachment. Permanent blindness.
  5. Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: Alteration of bio-electrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity. Risk: significant instances of Parkinson’s disease and Fletcher’s syndrome.

Experiences:

The carbide ceramic ossification bone grafts felt like glass breaking inside their marrow. Kurt-051 Ambrose explained that it felt like napalm being poured into his veins. The superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites felt like fire burning along their nerves on their spines. John-117 experienced bleeding eyes, incredible pain, and tripping over himself a lot due to the retinal, reflex enhancements, and bone strength increases.

Results:

The combined modifications produced unexpected and unexplained synergistic effects, later recorded as follows:

• Capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 KPH (34.155 MPH). Kelly-087 was capable of running even faster than the rest. Later on, John-117 runs at around 105 KPH (65.205 MPH) during a MJOLNIR MARK V training exercise.
  • Capable of lifting three times their body weight due to increased muscle density.
  • Virtual night vision.
  • Reaction times of 20 milliseconds. Significantly faster in combat situations.
  • Capable of unprecedented teamwork that resembled "telepathy".
  • No physiological or mental instabilities.
  • Unusual regenerative abilities.

Lets see 5mph Snake try to avoid 65mph Chief. MC is better trained, 5x stronger, 10xfaster, has better senses and regenerative abilities and this is all without the suit. You guys need to actually play the games and read the books before you all jump to conclusions backing your favorite character because most of you are fanboys plain and simple. I am a fan of both series and have completed every Metal Gear Solid and Halo game.. I don't choose sides I only tell you what the logical answer is with all my experience from the games and novels.

Guarenteed I get modded for this post...

Halo books=Star Wars expended universe=>they can't ever do that in the main series=>invalid.

The Halo books are directly related to the games and how is it invalid? This thread is about Solid Snake vs Master Chief. The TC never said you could only count the games in which MC would still own Snake. It's alot harder to portray how powerful and well trained Master Chief is in the games when you are limited to only a few actions, there is no back history and when all the enemies are insanely powerful, compared to the soldiers Snake fights. One Brute from the book would have 15x the strenght of Snake and Chief kills a few in hand to hand even though it was close and extremley risky.

Most weapons from Snakes time wouldn't even be able to faize MC's 26th century shields except for the odd few like the Guass Rifle.

Samus on the other hand would be a fairer fight even though Samus has such a technological advantage.

Around the Network

you are telling me that MC can live through a hydro bomb with his armor? o_O

My God this thread doesn't die.

@dahuman

The post from Kiefer should have ended this full stop. Bungie has stated time and time again that the novels are cannon.

The reason you see Snake do more things in his game is beause Kojima prefers to use hour long cutscenes to tell his story while Bungie are more inclined to using novels, something many game developers have started to do.

The original question was who would win the fight in an empty room with no weapons or equipment. If you want to continue to insist that Snake would win this engagement then you clearly are ignoring logic.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

if MC has his suit on, no contest as a 1v1 with selected weapons, MC would win, not much logic needed there.

No even without his suit MC would win, their just on completely different levels.

This is the same as the Hulk vs Kratos debate. There is no way that Kratos could ever beat the Hulk. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's a badass or that you may like that character better but in a fight he will lose.

Although this is sort of a restate of what kiefer said here's an excerpt from when they were enhancing the Chief. Keep in mind that Spartan 117 is the most genetically perfect human being out of a massive human population of around 20 billion and has been trained rigorously from the age of 6 (he is 14 when the enhancments are made):

1. Carbide ceramic ossification- advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually un-breakable.

2. Muscular Enhancement Injections- protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

3. Catalytic Thyroid Implant- platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost skeletal and muscle tissues.

4. Occipital Capillary Reversal- submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rod's and cones of subjects retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.

5. Superconducting Brification of Neural Dendrites- alteration of bioelectrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Three hundred percent increase in subject reflexes

Also here is another excerpt from the book. Keep in mind this is all without their mjolnir suits and when they were only 14:

"Your Spartans can run at burts up to fifty-five kph," he explained. "Kelly can run a little faster, I think. They will only get quicker as they adjust to the alterations we've made to their bodies. They can lift three times their body weight- which, I might add, is almost double the norm due to their increased muscle density. And they can virtually see in the dark."
Dr. Hasley pondered this new data. "They shouldn't be performing so well. there must be a synergistic effect brought on by the combined modifications. What are their reaction times?"
"Almost impossible to chart. We estimate it at 20 miliseconds," Mendez replied. He shook his head then added, "I believe it's significantly faster in combat situations, when their andernaline is pumping."

By the time the first game comes along the Chief is light years more advanced than in that excerpt through a combination of battle experience, Mark V Mjolnir and Cortana optimizing his neural pathways making him even faster and smarter.