By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Solid Snake vs Master Chief

nightsurge said:
Kos-mos said:
Can anyone here(especially americans) tell me what makes mc special? Why is he a good character creation? Whats the story with him? Does he have a story? Does he have human emotions that you can compare with? Or is he just a man in a spacesuit with a weapon? Is that enough to make him special?
I`ve played halo 1, and the story sucked. Trying to compare Snake and mc is the same as trying to compare a mcdonalds burger with a real homemade salmon dinner. But then again americans love mcdonalds.....

Wow, if you thought the story in Halo 1 sucked... I'd hate to see your review on all the other shooters stories.  Halo 1's story, for a shooter, was leaps and bounds above anything at the time.  Most shooters are just, ok the world is ending, go save it, but this one was unique, had great twists, never got dull, affected emotions, inspire awe.  Seriously... to call Halo's story awful is to call every single shooter awful, because Halo's story is a lot better than the majority, including Metal Gear.

Unique? Great twists? Affected emotions? Please be more detailed. And worst of all BETTER THAN METAL GEAR??? Even the dumbasses at ign couldn`t understand the story in Metal Gear 2 becuase it got too complicated. Not that complitated story`s neccecerily are good, BUT most gamers tend to avoid games with adult AND complicated storyline, because the typical gamer have a young and childish mind (no offense). So please nightsuck EXPLAIN me why halo 1`s story is good AND better than the story in Metal Gear. Guess you won`t be answering this post, BUT I can tell you I`ve played both games. And I have master grade in Movie and Mediascience.

Nuff`said

Around the Network

...You have a Master's Degree in cinema studies?

Really?

....And you don't know that the average age of gamers is approaching 30?

Khuutra said:

Really?

Mother of all gods. CANT YOU READ? DID I MENTION SOMETHING ABOUT AGE????

Kos-mos said:
Khuutra said:

Really?

So what could you mean by the "typical gamer" if not the mean average of their ages? Median?

I mean, what kind of statement is that trying to make, that the "typical gamer" has a childish mind?

Khuutra said:
Kos-mos said:
Khuutra said:

Really?

So what could you mean by the "typical gamer" if not the mean average of their ages? Median?

I mean, what kind of statement is that trying to make, that the "typical gamer" has a childish mind?

Now what could i mean by that? Hmmm....Well I`ll let you try to figure out. Message me when you`ve figured it out. Im sure you can do it. Just do some research. It`s not that hard actually. Good luck :)

Around the Network

You could just come out and say it in such a way as to strengthen your position and maybe convince me of your point.

The more Kos-Mos argues the more he seems like a 12 year old trying to defend his favorite game. Your horrible grammar, unreadable sentences and broken caps lock aren't helping your cause much.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
The more Kos-Mos argues the more he seems like a 12 year old trying to defend his favorite game. Your horrible grammar, unreadable sentences and broken caps lock aren't helping your cause much.

Thank you Mendicate and Khuutra.

Seriously, I (nightsuck apparently) am only a small child, and do not know how to defend myself against big bad bullies like Kos-mos.  His Master's Degree makes me cower in fear.  Seriously, what kind of a lame degree is Cinema Studies... yeah that will really get you a great job in today's economy. 

Also, Kos-mos, does this mean that IGN also have minds of a child if they cannot follow the MG storyline?  I bet you haven't even played Halo like you say.  Go read the Halo books for more Halo goodness, that is if you really can read (which is questionable given your inability to type grammatically correct).

Mendicate Bias said:

If I were 12, I`d be a really smart one. Oooh another one to protect halo-fans. You sure are an ugly one. First of all why do you defend those babies instead of bringing me some arguments? Second I`m not (thank god) from us, that`s why my grammar is bad. Third my caps lock usage is understandable if you know which words to put pressure on. So mister "Im from us, so I protect my fellow citizens and halo and microsoft" lay off unless you can bring me some adult arguments.

nightsurge said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Thank you Mendicate and Khuutra.

Seriously, I (nightsuck apparently) am only a small child, and do not know how to defend myself against big bad bullies like Kos-mos.  His Master's Degree makes me cower in fear.  Seriously, what kind of a lame degree is Cinema Studies... yeah that will really get you a great job in today's economy. 

Also, Kos-mos, does this mean that IGN also have minds of a child if they cannot follow the MG storyline?  I bet you haven't even played Halo like you say.  Go read the Halo books for more Halo goodness, that is if you really can read (which is questionable given your inability to type grammatically correct).

I never said you`re a small child, but have a small childish mind that is. Learn to read. Don`t be like the last one that couldn`t read my posts. Movie AND MEDIA SCIENCE DEGREE. You know what media science is? No?

I have played halo 1. I`m no liar. It was fun, but the story reminded me of action movies from hollywood. Nothing bad and nothing good. But you didn`t answer to my last post, so I guess I`m done talking to ye.

Ps: Sorry for my bad grammar. I`m sure you`d forgive me since I`m not from us or uk.