By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Reeves insults EA?

Have relations soured so much that Reeves has to take a jab at EA? http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6931&Itemid=2 But he’s not taking total credit on Sony’s behalf for the expansion of the games market beyond the core gamer. “…We’re very happy Nintendo broadened the market to where we have never gone. But Sony is going places where EA and Microsoft have never been. We’re very happy about [market expansion]. It keeps growth of the industry going up and up and up instead of just recycling gamers.” Also, on the price cut: Reeves said that for Europe, it’s simply too early for a price cut on PS3. And besides, he said, Europeans like bundles. “Had we gone down in price in July, that’s three months after we launched PS3. It’d be kind of like saying, ‘hey, we failed.’ But we didn’t. We’ve been selling through much more than we ever thought we would be, even in Germany. “If [a price cut is] what they want to do in the US, fine… But we don’t need to do it in Europe.”

Around the Network

Well, apparently Microsoft and EA are lovers. I just hope they get a divorce and EA falls in love with a suave Latin man a.k.a. good games.

He insulted MS, using them in the same sentance as EA.

For shame, hehe.

There is so much stupid in that statement from Reeves, it's astounding.

Not only did he take a job at SCEA for the clearance sale price cut but the PS3 is not doing that well in EU.

Also, Sony yesterday announced a hype FIFA world cup with EA and FIFA and today he takes a jab at them.... There is truly something wrong with this guy, and the in-fighting between Sony US and Sony EU needs to stop!

Another source for discussion:

“This is not the US. [Europe’s] quite different from the US in terms of market shares.” said Reeves. “…PS3 outsells Xbox 360 about 3 to 1. PS2 outsells Xbox 360 by 4 to 1…. In Japan, Xbox 360 does nothing….They have a good lineup and I think they’ve done a fantastic job coming into the market. But they said last year, ‘we’ve got the greatest lineup and this is the year we’re taking off.’ They’re just repeating it.

Unless tracking services are magnitudes or order off or he's comparing launch numbers against ordinary sales, I don't see how this is possible.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

“This is not the US. [Europe’s] quite different from the US in terms of market shares.” said Reeves. “…PS3 outsells Xbox 360 about 3 to 1. PS2 outsells Xbox 360 by 4 to 1…. In Japan, Xbox 360 does nothing….They have a good lineup and I think they’ve done a fantastic job coming into the market. But they said last year, ‘we’ve got the greatest lineup and this is the year we’re taking off.’ They’re just repeating it.

Unless tracking services are magnitudes or order off or he's comparing launch numbers against ordinary sales, I don't see how this is possible.

Between this and "PS2 outsells the Wii in every region, end of story," it seems like Sony execs just make up numbers.

Desroko said:
FishyJoe said:

Between this and "PS2 outsells the Wii in every region, end of story," it seems like Sony execs just make up numbers.

Since launch PS3 HAS out sold 360 by x3 in Eu, so hes right.

And given 360 lack of popularity in half the countries and VGs inabilty to get and decent numbers from those markets.  You really dont know whos selling how much.

I still don't get David Reeves. They just signed a deal with EA and FIFA...

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/814/814716p1.html

Hus said:
Desroko said:
FishyJoe said:

Since launch PS3 HAS out sold 360 by x3 in Eu, so hes right.

And given 360 lack of popularity in half the countries and VGs inabilty to get and decent numbers from those markets.  You really dont know whos selling how much.

you cant compare launch numbers with non launch numbers

last week ps3 only sold 6k more then 360, so i guess vg charts is really really off, and ps3 is selling alot more and xbox isnt selling any i guess at least according to you

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Desroko said:
FishyJoe said:

I'm pretty sure that some of these things they've said should qualify as fraud.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck