By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit - The New York Comic Con Interview

Avalach21 said:
Bobbuffalo said:
so it pronounces "the con-do-it" and not "the con-dooit"...

well that's good to know ^____^

no, he pronounced it wrong, that was where I first started feeling awkward during the interview.  The word only has two syllables.

It's three syllables--con-doo-it--but it's still pronounced like 'con-duit'.

And I felt a nice feeling when he said "Please preorder it, please buy it, please support games like this on the Wii."

Definitely buying.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Nice to see a developer excited about Wii. But I can see his nerves starting to show. He looks a little worried about how the game will sell. Worry not, I am buying two copies the first day.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Kinda just realized when you think about it. This is there actual first game they made. Sure they made a bunch of games before but almost all if not all of them were license games. This is the first actual game they were able to create with freedom. I'm picking this game up for myself just not only cause i like the game, but because they seem really passionate about making it and breaking away from making license games.

I TAKE NO SIDES

LoL @ "& Andromeda". Who cares about Andromeda! :p

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Nice to see a developer excited about Wii. But I can see his nerves starting to show. He looks a little worried about how the game will sell. Worry not, I am buying two copies the first day.

I agree...he seemed nervous through much of the video (especially at the end of the video) ...I'm assuming since they put so much time and effort into it (and their own money!!) that they really want (need) this to game to sell well......i'll be pre ordering my copy soon

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network

I"ll preorder as soon as possible.

GhaudePhaede010 said:

Or he might just be nervous about doing a live interview in front of a camera. He's a computer nerd, not a PR hack, after all.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Great video, good quality video and sound, I'm so pre-ordering asap.

Why does eveyone pronounce it Con-do-it, I'm an electrician and I use conduit all the time but I pronounce it completely different.

I'm Australian by the way so thats my assumption as to why I pronounce it differently.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Typical North American pronunciation of 'conduit' gives the word three syllables (con/du/it) with emphasis on the first syllable, and the 'du' is pronounced 'do'.
I've heard it pronounced by native English speakers from other regions as something like 'con-dwit' with only two syllbables, emphasis still on the first. Is this similar to how you pronounce it, J-Favs?

Regarding the video, I found the HVS representative's 'unpolished' presentation very refreshing. Quite a difference from someone who is obviously an 'on-camera professional', and yet he still spoke well. Possibly a bit nervous in front of the camera (or maybe just tired from long hours at the Con), but extrenely comfortable talking about the game. I found his excitement for The Conduit infectious. I'm normally not one to pre-order a game, but I'll definitely be purchasing The Conduit as soon as it is available in Japan.

ramuji
www.ramuji.com
Nintendo Network ID: ramuji
Wii Friend Code: 8543-1141-9403-8457
3DS Friend Code: 1633-4130-0140
PS3 ID: ramuji_69