By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ban sig gifs?

NightstrikerX said:
I don't think my signature is too bad, its like... 4 frames of final fantasy 6. I don't see why everyone should be punished for the select few who have intensive GIF signatures.

I'd be willing to make exceptions for anything FFVI, especially the awesomeness that is Terra. 

Also, I just block the specific images.  I know some people may think Family Guy is the bomb-diggity shizinit, but I don't want to load 20 gifs so I just blocked them all through an unnamed Firefox add-on.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I like my Valkyria. So no.

'your valkyria' isn't animated....???

Words Of Wisdom said:

Until vgChartz implements non-idiotic signature rules I have to turn them off. They make the page load slower and in many cases are simply annoying.

I used to just magically destroy the annoying ones, but I was seeing more and more of them every day so I just said "screw it" and turned them all off.

Especially if you have dial up.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Phrancheyez said:
Well tbh kirby, yours isn't that bad. It actually doesn't slow down my pc at all. The ones with gameplay footage are more what I'm concerned with, they make viewing threads a headache.

His doesn't load slow becuase your PC only has to download one gif. It then repeats that gif 12 times.

I wouldn't mind the ban. But cougarman's sig is actually pretty cool.
How about we make a size limit of sig gifs? Soriku's sig has to be the most annoying on this site.

Around the Network

Why ban gifs? only do it if it gets out of hand.

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

A size limit would be fine. 254k per pic would do, it takes the piss when people have 10mb sigs and you get 2 or 3 in 1 thread.

i just block on my browser the pics i don't want to see... like the sig of the OP... people with low speed internet connection should block the sigs not to ruin others internet experience... we are evolving not devolving... sig size should increase not decrease...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

but got to admit some sigs are good to look at