By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Ban sig gifs?

Maybe this has been brought up before..and obviously if someone has like 4, you guys make them get rid of it, and I thank you for that.  However, there are a lot of people who have animated gif's in their signature and even if they only have 1 or 2, it slows down thread scrolling pretty bad, even after the page is finished loading.  I think they're a waste of bandwidth to be honest, people should just use pictures and text like the majority of users on here.  It never really used to be a problem, but it seems now every other thread I go into, I just can't wait to get out of because of how slow the animated gif's make for viewing the thread.  This is also the first forum I've ever been on that allowed them in the first place, and maybe this is the reason none of the others ever have.  It's nice that you guys have tried to allow it..but please?  It's soooooo aggravating=/

Around the Network

why not remove all the sigs? its in the edit profile

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Well tbh kirby, yours isn't that bad. It actually doesn't slow down my pc at all. The ones with gameplay footage are more what I'm concerned with, they make viewing threads a headache.

I don't even know how to make a sig still to this day! I wish i did but I can't figure it out lol.

I agree, but after all the Killzone hype dies down it should solve your problem.

Around the Network

Should just make it so sigs are limited to 126kbs or something that way some gifs are screwed.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

the point is if you dont want them 2 load just turn all sigs off

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ssj12 said:
Should just make it so sigs are limited to 126kbs or something that way some gifs are screwed.

Great idea, that'd actually work pretty well I think.

Just get rid of all sigs by ticking the box on your edit profile page. Much simpler

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Or, make it so that a user's sig is only shown on the member's first post on a thread.