By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG ! I HATE UBISOFT !!!!

stof said:
Wait, what casual games is he referring to? Have they even released any casual games on the Wii yet? And don't say Raving Rabbids, as that's an awesome game and one that did get a pretty large chunk of dev resources.

Good question, Rayman is the only one I know about. After that we have a lot of ports and then Red Steel and Nitrobike. Have I missed something?

But anyway the real question is according to me the following: If Ubisoft needs to fund their big games through casual games what future does hardcore gaming has?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

How is that you people are suprised by this? That's why I would never buy anything from Ubi, Midway or EA (read buy).

Guys when referring to movies like Pirates I know they are good movies, but the cost for the actors, special effects, and advertising can run in the 500 million dollar range. I guess Pirates is a bad example since it was tremendously popular, but think of movies like "Day After tomorrow" or "Superman Returns". Most people enjoy them yet these movies are so overbudget that they barely turn a profit. "Day After tomorrow" cost about $140 million to make and ticket sales amounted to $186 million.

Meanwhile 'crap' movies like Big Fat Greek Wedding make ~$450 million in cinema sales alone and cost the companies less than a million dollars to make.

Like I said, people and studios like the big budget movies, but they finance them with all the other crap that they put out there. Same deal with PS3/360 games and the Wii

ssj12 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Actually, the Pirates movies were reviewed terribly except for the first one, which was meh.

I'm a little too tired to be outraged. Can someone fill in these blanks?

I hate Ubisoft for all the ____ they do to the Wii and they _____ _____ and I _____ them with all my ______ because they _____ _____.

shit, suck ass, hate, heart, suck ass. ok done.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

To Each Man, Responsibility
eab said:
Guys when referring to movies like Pirates I know they are good movies, but the cost for the actors, special effects, and advertising can run in the 500 million dollar range. I guess Pirates is a bad example since it was tremendously popular, but think of movies like "Day After tomorrow" or "Superman Returns". Most people enjoy them yet these movies are so overbudget that they barely turn a profit. "Day After tomorrow" cost about $140 million to make and ticket sales amounted to $186 million.

Meanwhile 'crap' movies like Big Fat Greek Wedding make ~$450 million in cinema sales alone and cost the companies less than a million dollars to make.

Like I said, people and studios like the big budget movies, but they finance them with all the other crap that they put out there. Same deal with PS3/360 games and the Wii

Well I don't think anyone expected Superman returns to bomb totally. Even if they want to make two different kinds of games, why not make high budgett games on the Wii to? I mean it isn't like there isn't the old faithfull Nintendo fans that more or less eat every big budgett game out there that is exclusive for a Nintendo system.

I am more or less betting on that the good games that will arrive on the Wii will come from small developers like Atlus. Hopefully they can give us some nice JRPG

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Why is everyone upset that Ubisoft is doing this?

Nintendo made their bed when they said that they want the casual audience. EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, Konami etc... are helping them do just that by releasing casual games on the system to make a quick buck, which is exactly what Nintendo encouraged because they're doing the same thing.

Also, the games Ubi, EA etc are releasing are not meant for the hardcores, so they are not expecting users on messageboards to buy them. They are aiming for the casuals, just like Nintendo, and just like Nintendo are reaping the benefits and will continue to do just that.

I love how fans expect Nintendo to produce games like WiiFit etc... for the casual audience but want all 3rd parties to put their best hardcore games on the system. That is not going to happen, it simply won't. The Wii will get good support from the Japan devs (Atlus, Level 5, Square enix etc...) but from everyone else you can expect a lot of shovelware and if you look at the PS2 they also got a lot of shovelware aimed to make a quick buck.

eab said:

Did you know that DVD sales & rentals can turn a movie that didn't profit in theaters into turning a profit for its lifetime? What do you think happens to a movie that did turn a profit? Indy titles that are cheap rarely become big successful hits. The example of Big Fat Greek Wedding is one out of 100s released each year and has a low budget indy movie been able to pull off numbers like that since? It's a much riskier area. A wide release movie like JJ Abram's Cloverfield is a rarity with a $20 million budget.

Last King of Scotland? Awesome movie that was probably fairly inexpensive to make. It's rental revenue is already double that of its box office revenue. Hell, BFGW can no way be compared to shovelware cheap gaming. It got some really good reviews and was a fun movie with charm. It wasn't a movie tossed together meerly to make quick profit.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Fok EA.

Fok Ubisoft.

Fok casual games.

Fok mini and party games on Wii.

And again. Fok Ubisoft!

All this Casual games for Wii news is feeding my growing hate towards the Wii in general!... Booeh!

And i was supporting em all the way a few months ago... Pffff! Good thing we still have some nice Nintendo

games coming!... Or i'd be really pissed XD...

THE NETHERLANDS

stof said:
Wait, what casual games is he referring to? Have they even released any casual games on the Wii yet? And don't say Raving Rabbids, as that's an awesome game and one that did get a pretty large chunk of dev resources.

The problem is that it's just a beginning. Look at EA (Smarty pants + Playground), Midway (Game party), Ubi and more...

and EA has just bought from Hasbro "Casual licences" as Monopoly, yathzee, and more...

"In addition, he states they help Finace the more expensive projects. NOT that they lose money on them. More causal games made = more $ and the ability to develope more expensive games at the same time."

Elendar : Yes, you're right BUT this is : "more casual games made ON WII = more ability to develop more expensive games ON PS3 AND 360 !!!! 

But no on wii ? Guillemot said that he just want to develop expensive and big games on ps3 and 360! And What about Wii ? Why did not talk about expensive games on wii ?

Guillemot is just saying that Wii doesn't deserve expensive games !!  That's the problem !  

"Why is everyone upset that Ubisoft is doing this?"

Because Nintendo doesn't just make casual games for Wii and then go to another system to put out "good" games. Ubisoft is a disgrace. THey're going to lose alot of support because of this. They're not trying to do anything for Wii... and i'm sure they'll regret it later by the time Wii starts beating out the other consoles by millions and they're casual games don't sell well compared to Nintendo's casuals.

Meh, nothing but disgust.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me