By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSM3: Dante's Inferno is "God of War meets Dead Space"

"As previously reported, Dante's Inferno is being developed by Dead Space dev EA Redwood Shores. It's a third person action game that tells the tale of Dante and his journey through the twisted, menacing nine circles of hell in pursuit of his beloved Beatrice.

"Button-for-button the controls are identical to GOW's - from using the right stick to evade, to regular and heavy attacks being mapped to Square and Triangle," says PSM3.

"Holding R1 and pressing Square lets you knock enemies into the air Devil May Cry-style and keep them hovering with a volley of rapid, light attacks," it adds.

Combos are "easily strung together by simple presses of the light and heavy attack buttons".

"When enemies die they leave behind health and magic orbs, which can also be found in chests, opened by holding Circle," says the preview.

The game also uses QTE events, such as when Dante climbs the mane of a 20-foot monster to take out the demon rider and assume control of the beast for himself.

PSM3 likes what it's seen so far. "What really sets this apart from God of War is the setting. Dante's trip through hell is altogether more unpleasant, twisted creatures burst from doorways, lava spews from inverted crosses and bottomless fiery pits yawn deep beneath your feet.""

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=207880

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That sounds pretty cool, I like the idea of God of War combined with Dead Space, that could be one creepy action game

Around the Network

Satanic God of War? sign me up for this.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it or its basically assumed. But is this Dante from DMC series?

Wow, that sounds awesome. I never heard of this game, google search time!

Vetteman94 said:
Maybe I'm just not seeing it or its basically assumed. But is this Dante from DMC series?

No, that would be the guy from the book, on which this game is based on

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

Not at all.

Rainbird said:
Vetteman94 said:

When is the release date?  I am assuming its for 360 and PS3 since EA said everything will be multi-plat

Vetteman94 said:
Rainbird said:
Vetteman94 said:

When is the release date?  I am assuming its for 360 and PS3 since EA said everything will be multi-plat

I think it's Q3/Q4, your average "out-for-christmas"-release I guess

Dante's Inferno - Dead Space = God of War?

Rainbird said:
Vetteman94 said:
Rainbird said:
Vetteman94 said:

I think it's Q3/Q4, your average "out-for-christmas"-release I guess

Great, just what I need, another game in the R&C, Uncharted 2 & COD:MW2 timeframe.   And there is still the slim possiblity of GT5 or GOW3.    Oh well,  still looks great, I will definitely try and keep an eye out for this.