By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is kz2 this generations BLACK?

Wait how come Killzone 2 is this gens BLACK since BLACK 2 is coming?
This makes no sense.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Black was very shallow...but fun and it looked great for the time. I hope killzone 2 is a little better than black to be honest :)

is BLACK2 seriously being made? :p

sieanr said:
tedsteriscool said:
No, because Black was critically panned

No it wasn't.

Its not even a AA game according to gamerankings/metacritic (that is, it failed to achieve an average of 8.0 and higher). Anything below an 8 is seen by gamers as crap, or am I mistaken?

Sure, Black with totally unremarkable and easily forgettable, KZ2 (like most shooters) will probably have the same fate.

Around the Network

BLACK didn't having extensive multiplayer, it had a short campaign, and it had somewhat decent AI.

KZ2 has great multiplayer, the campaign is said to be 10-15 hours long, and it has great AI.

So no, KZ2 is not this gens BLACK. And btw, BLACK actually came out this gen on the 360 lol

Simulacrum said:
Wait how come Killzone 2 is this gens BLACK since BLACK 2 is coming?
This makes no sense.

Was Black 2 actually confirmed? I always thought it was a possibility for Criterion's next title but I thought they said they weren't doing it at one point.

I think Black and Killzone 2 have one big thing in common: they love their guns. Both games involve some rather serious gun portn.

tedsteriscool said:
sieanr said:
tedsteriscool said:
No, because Black was critically panned

No it wasn't.

Its not even a AA game according to gamerankings/metacritic (that is, it failed to achieve an average of 8.0 and higher). Anything below an 8 is seen by gamers as crap, or am I mistaken?

Being panned would be Haze or Lair type reviews. 

An aggregate of 7.9 isn't terrible, especially when people like Edge gave Black a higher score than KZ2.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

i enjoyed BLACK although it was rather short. it was a WOW factor in fps last gen and pushed the xbox & ps2 hardware.

CGI-Quality said:
@ flagship

Iol...um MOST shooters are unremarkable AND EASILY forgetable? Please name them...

OT: I can see how BLACK is comparable in ways but I doubt that KZ2 won't have a far longer lasting appeal especially considering this generation is far greater for online multiplayer.

Are you fucking kidding?

Legendary

Fracture

Haze

Area 51

I could go on and on, but I honestly can't remember most of them.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"