By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Armored Core + Gundam....would you buy it?

There are alot of people i'm sure who are disappointed in some of the game of gundam. What if by chance the makers of armored core made the gundam game...with the same sort of gameplay...would you people buy it?...

there has to be alot of gundam fans out there who want to pilot a gundam mobile like you would in armored core...i know i'm one of them...i know the game armored core isn't so great...but if it was gundam...i would buy it in an instant...and if it was gundam based...think of all the co-op you can play.....or even multiplayers against all the special ops of the opposing force...but of course the gameplay would have to change a bit to include you to fight with beam swords and such...

imho....gundam games like dynasty warrior gundam are so stupid...

anyways...what do you guys think of this concept??....armored core + gundam??

Around the Network

Armored core was great in the ps1 days, problem is, besides graphics, it never evolved. A Gundam game with Armored Core gameplay might bring in more players because of the Gundam name, but to truly get more players on board they need to overhaul the control system. Personally, I'd love to see a Macross game made using the Ace Combat 6 engine.

I'd rather a gundam game where the Gundams controlled like someone in a 3rd person shooter mixed with Starfox... or maybe just Starfox. Gundam are huge machines, but they never move like machines. They run on the ground, hit back flips and barrel rolls, grab shotguns and and start blasting stuff apart, etc..

And they are fast. Going by the anime, two gundams fighting each other should have the pace of a 2D fighter rather than Armored Core.

Yes. Anime+Armored Core is pure fuckin win.

Assuming they changed the controls, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Around the Network

I don't the beef with the controls. The game controls extremely well, on a dualshock at least.

post 4k!

Xen said:

I don't the beef with the controls. The game controls extremely well, on a dualshock at least.

post 4k!

Whichever one was called The Last Raven or whatever drove me absolute bonkers with the controls.

I'd soonenr play it with an adapted Steel Battalion controller. Gundam... with Steel Battalion controller.

I just gave myself a case of the vapours, I need to sit down.

Khuutra said:
Xen said:

post 4k!

Whichever one was called The Last Raven or whatever drove me absolute bonkers with the controls.

I'd soonenr play it with an adapted Steel Battalion controller. Gundam... with Steel Battalion controller.

I just gave myself a case of the vapours, I need to sit down.

Heheh...

I didn't play the last raven. I did play AC1,2 Nexus and 3 though. All great.

I love Gundam games.

If this had enough characters and mobile suits in it, I would buy it.

armored core you can customize your dudes, if a gundam game had that kind of ability that would rock some socks. now since gundam is an anime you would have to rework the story for that ability. anyways i would like that feature, and better controls...but i honestly dont know what kind of controls im looking for in a gundam/armored core type game.