By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1UP God of War III media blowout on Friday

Excited! I want new juicy infor. :)

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

lets see that epicness jaffe was blabbing about.

great.... but i have to go fly at 10 so probably won't be able to watch it :s

deathgod33 said:
lets see that epicness jaffe was blabbing about.

We still don't know if he wasn't talking out of his ass though. :/

PS3 Trophies

With all these blowouts and such happening (God of War III is GameInformer's March cover story), I don't see why this game isn't coming out until 2010.

Maybe it'll actually make it out this year.

Around the Network

@making

as long as it's not rushed ,I don't care when it comes out.

btw making

what game do you think ready at dawn working on?(there are working on 2 games ,,,one new ip for PS3/360,,,and one unknown game)

do you think that there is a chance that it could be heavenly sword 2?

here is their job listing:

Senior graphics programmer

Responsibilities:
+ Maintain and extend the graphics engine on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms
+ Break new ground in visual effects
+ Optimize graphics techniques to meet desired frame rate

Skills Required:
+ Excellent C/C++ skills
+ 5+ years of PC or console development experience
+ Extensive knowledge of vertex and pixel shaders
+ Knowledgeable in a variety of special FX techniques
+ Familiar with game asset pipelines
+ Ability to collaborate with artists on graphics techniques
+ Experienced with different lighting solutions
+ Ability to work independently and to be self directed
+ Excellent team and communication skills
+ Self motivation with a strong work ethic
+ A passion for game development
+ Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
+ Strong math background

Pluses:
+ Shipped AAA title
+ PlayStation 3 experience
+ Experience with character animation

Submission can be sent by email to jobs or sent to:

Ready At Dawn Studios®
Attn: HR - Jobs
1700 Carnegie Ave. Suite 225
Santa Ana, CA 92705

or the second one is a handheld game?

makingmusic476 said:
With all thse blowouts and such happening ( God of War II is Game informer's March cover story), I don't see why this game isn't coming out until 2010.

I'm expecting it to be there big winter game this year. Unless of course GT5 is released in that time frame but GOW3 is much more likely. Who knows though, maybe their "big" winter release will be Heavy Rain.

PS3 Trophies

Solid_Raiden said:
makingmusic476 said:
With all thse blowouts and such happening ( God of War II is Game informer's March cover story), I don't see why this game isn't coming out until 2010.

I'm expecting it to be there big winter game this year. Unless of course GT5 is released in that time frame but GOW3 is much more likely. Who knows though, maybe their "big" winter release will be Heavy Rain.

heavy rain isnt big enough game to be the "big" winter release. gow3 is a bit bigger. put them together and you got a lovely winter

markers said:
Solid_Raiden said:
makingmusic476 said:

heavy rain isnt big enough game to be the "big" winter release. gow3 is a bit bigger. put them together and you got a lovely winter

True but you never know with sony. They did have two "big" exclusives for this past winter with LBP and R2. I think Sony thought R2 was going to bigger then it was though.

PS3 Trophies

@spartan:

I'm going with Jak 4, despite Naughty Dog having expressed the desire to return to Jak eventually.

Ready at Dawn was founded by a pair ex-Naughty Dog employees, and Daxter was a pretty fun game for a handheld. Uncharted is Amy Henning's baby (the current lead designer at Naughty Dog), and I get the feeling she just wants to stick with that franchise, so Sony might have outsourced a Jak project to the next best team for the job.

Plus, Naughty Dog has always had a heavy emphasis on fluid animations, as shown by the Jak and Uncharted franchises, so it would make sense to want excellent animators for a Jak 4.

Of course, Ready at Dawn's experience with Chains of Olympus would make them a good candidate for a Heavenly Sword sequel, if Ninja Theory decides to not work with Sony again.