By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - too much mario

Im cool with mario platformers and mario in ssb, but when does the marioness end? as a platformer and a gamer i want some moderation on the good characters. even though i dont have a wii (i do want one though just for brawl) and havent play a gc mario game other than ssbm (if it counts) i still get mario overdose.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network

Have you even played said Mario games?

Even though they use the same characters...they're all very, very different. Mario Strikers is a crazy, intense soccer game if you can call it that...Mario Party's a decent party game, great for fun minigames. The Mario platformers are untouchable...pure creative genius, even Sunshine I'd say...and SSB is certainly an excellent fighter for all audiences.

There's the Kart games, which are great fun, and Mario Tennis is still the best tennis game I've played, even over Wii Sports...I can't wait for Wii Mario Tennis.

Just because they use the same characters doesn't mean it's stale, at least for me. For me, it's brand new games every time, but with familiar characters that make it even more nostalgic and enjoyable.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

There just milking their character for all its worth, its all they got. Without Mario on the cover half those games would flop.

Also how many times can he save the same idiot princess from the same bad guy ?

Yeah...Mario's lasted 2 decades solely because Nintendo is milking it for all it's worth.  Not because people actually like the games.

People still buy the games because they're solid games that are really fun to play.

Super Mario Galaxy is not milking anything, so quit trolling.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Well I think that depends on what you want, but if you haven't played the games you are complaining about what is the problem?

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

ok, i should rephrase. ive played some with my friends, but i never really played them in depth. and even though i understand that nearly all of the games are solid (i have fun playing a lot of them) i still want him to be used less. its not a matter of quality, because nintendo usually has quality. its about repetition, because mario is easily the most used game character and its getting annoying to see him.

and if you read my post it would say that im cool with mario platformers (i especially want the next one to be great and revitalize the platforming genre, but i personally still fear it might be too gimmicky. i wont pass judgment but those are my thoughts). of all nintendo games i want galaxy to succeed the most, even more than brawl and i love ssb to death.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

I like my Mario covered in cheese.

Man SMGalaxy is gonna be great.

the bottom line is that when theyre sellin, nintendo are gona keep on makin mario games no matter how many people think its stale

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Mario is the only way to stand up to a world where the only games are Madden and FPS. Without Mario, the greatest platform hero would be Mickey Mouse. (Not Sonic,Not Crash, Not Banjo. Without Mario, those whould not exist.)

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Nintendo is happy with making, I'm happy with playing them.. that pretty much sums up what matters to me