By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What should/will Overworks (Skies/Valkyria team) work on next?

Aiemond said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Son1x said:
Skies of Arcadia sequel on Wii. PS3 or 360 (or both)

and a little off topic, talking about phantasy star, I want Phantasy Star V.

Fixed! I would like to see Skies continued, and I don't see the advantage of putting it on the Wii.

I do though. SoA didn't sell well didn't it? So what would be the point of putting it on the HD consoles?

VC 2 should go to the PS3. But not SoA2 if they decide to make it.

I don't really want a SoA2 next though, I want an ARPG.

It didn't sell terribly, but it's no big RPG.

And with my opinions, I don't really care about money making, profit, or how it do sales wise. I'm just saying where I think the game would do best.

@ Aiemond

Tell that to Sega again. They've made quite a few PS3 exclusives.

Made, thats the point. They are switching over because they have been making more money on the wii. Just look at the announced titles that they have.

And also, I know where you want the games, but profit matters. If there is no profit we won't get any of them.

Then why did they announce Yakuza 3 in the middle of 2008?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I hate to break bad news when you guys probably don't have beer handy.

That particular SEGA team got uh... some axing in the recent SEGA lumberjack festival. I wasn't there, but I heard the party was kinda busted, as it were. I'm not so sure the same buddies get to hang out any more. Money doesn't respect greatness. I cried in my beer when I heard, and unlike most of my posts, I'm not trying to be funny with that.

I call no more beer for people who did not buy VC.

Soriku said:
Procrastinato said:

That particular SEGA team got uh... some axing in the recent SEGA lumberjack festival. I wasn't there, but I heard the party was kinda busted, as it were. I'm not so sure the same buddies get to hang out any more. Money doesn't respect greatness. I cried in my beer when I heard, and unlike most of my posts, I'm not trying to be funny with that.

Wait...what??

I think even the Playstation blog mentioned it a couple weeks back, in their lamenting the many layoffs in the industry they mentioned some stuff about the VC team, which I also had heard.  I think SEGA called it "restructuring".

EDIT: Here ya go, if you are into sad stuff: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/25/playstation-around-the-web-what-we-read-32/

Procrastinato said:

It's just easier to refer to this team as Overworks even though they were disbanded (and added back to an unidentified Sega team) a few yearsa go.

outlawauron said:
Aiemond said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Son1x said:
Skies of Arcadia sequel on Wii. PS3 or 360 (or both)

and a little off topic, talking about phantasy star, I want Phantasy Star V.

Fixed! I would like to see Skies continued, and I don't see the advantage of putting it on the Wii.

I do though. SoA didn't sell well didn't it? So what would be the point of putting it on the HD consoles?

VC 2 should go to the PS3. But not SoA2 if they decide to make it.

I don't really want a SoA2 next though, I want an ARPG.

It didn't sell terribly, but it's no big RPG.

And with my opinions, I don't really care about money making, profit, or how it do sales wise. I'm just saying where I think the game would do best.

@ Aiemond

Tell that to Sega again. They've made quite a few PS3 exclusives.

Made, thats the point. They are switching over because they have been making more money on the wii. Just look at the announced titles that they have.

And also, I know where you want the games, but profit matters. If there is no profit we won't get any of them.

Then why did they announce Yakuza 3 in the middle of 2008?

I said most. Not every title. Plus, you can expect better sales from that series which is quite popular in japan. I spose we could have SoA2 as an HD game, but I can't see them doing it if they don't think they can make a profit. And I don't think they would try it after VC bombing so hard on PS3 (yes it is a strategy game, but still it had bad sales especially for the price of an HD title). Alot of folks here like to say all the rpg fans are on the HD systems. The sales have yet to prove that they can sell more than the wii.

Edit: VC layoffs prove my point, though its sad when people lose their jobs.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Link?

I edited my posting above.  The SEGA of America layoffs are not directly related, but I believe the VC team suffered some casualties as well.

Aiemond said:

What now?

How does Sega of America losing jobs affect the team that made Valkyria Chronicles?

I'll give a hint. Not at all.

outlawauron said:
Aiemond said:

What now?

How does Sega of America losing jobs affect the team that made Valkyria Chronicles?

How bout I give a better hint:

The SEGA of America layoffs are not directly related, but I believe the VC team suffered some casualties as well.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Aiemond said:
outlawauron said:
Aiemond said:

What now?

How bout I give a better hint:

The SEGA of America layoffs are not directly related, but I believe the VC team suffered some casualties as well.

From a forum user's post? We need to actually see a press release from Sega of Japan to actually confirm they got laid off as well.

No one from Sega of America worked on Valkyria Chronicles directly (as in actually developed the title)

A Sakura Taisen compilation which will eventually be localized I hope.