By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to publish World of Goo in Japan

Good move Nintendo, now Japanese Wii Owners can enjoy building Goo Towers. :)

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Nice for 2D to get some serious backing for their game. I can't wait to see what those guys cook up next.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I am happy for them but didn’t they go bankrupt?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
I am happy for them but didn’t they go bankrupt?

The publisher of the PC version went bankrupt..

Pixel Art can be fun.

oh i see well good then, looking foreword to more of what these guys can do

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Good move by Nintendo, although i feel they are neglecting their own service by not producing original titles. And Art Style games are essentially remakes, so they don't really count. Give us a Kirby or Metroid 2d title!

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

VonShigsy said:

Good move by Nintendo, although i feel they are neglecting their own service by not producing original titles. And Art Style games are essentially remakes, so they don't really count. Give us a Kirby or Metroid 2d title!

I prefer it this way. WiiWare is supposed to be for the little guy who can't afford the huge investment necessary to make a quality retail game on disc. Big players should stay out so that new companies and new ideas can flourish on WiiWare while they deliver the mega-projects.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

they should give us a "best on wii ware collection" as a compensation for not having a hard drive, with lost winds, final fantasy, world of goo and megaman 9. that way we will save tons of memory. if the title is succesful maybe nintendo will consider on buyin the developer.

Wow, I'm surprised that no other publisher did this.

Good for 2-D Boy, good for Nintendo, and good for those who live in Japan.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

um isn't 2-d boy essentially two people? or did they hire anybody new?

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k