By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Can my computer run the graphical beast Crysis?

Sharky54 said:
sc94597 said:
haxxiy said:
You would need to trade mmmm.... everything, sorry.

Not really. The only thing that is limiting is the GPU. The ram is just about it for lowest settings, and the CPU is well over the minimum.

It says my CPU isnt fast enough, and that my video card is lacking ram.

System Requirements Lab is way too inconsistant. One time it said that I could run a game on recommended settings but not minimum. It doesn't factor in dual cores well either. The minimum requirements for crysis is a high end Pentium 4. The pentium dual core you have now is WELL over that despite the lower clock speed. 

@Haxxiy It depends on how fast his ram is aswell. If it is DDR2 2gb should be fine running at lower resolutions for the higher settings. Now if he wanted to run it at the highest resolutions then 3gbs is what I recommend. Seeing as this is a laptop I doubt he has a choice to pick the highest resolutions anyway. Also the question was if he could play it or not. He didn't specify what settings. Also the attractivness of the game to me is the open area aspects moreso the graphics.

Around the Network

As much as people say Crysis has insane requirements it is not (really) all that true anymore ... I quite regularly see barebones kits or low cost systems in the $350 to $500 range that, with the addition of a $100 graphics card, will run Crysis at high settings at a decent framerate at a resolution between 1024x768 and 1280x1024. We're really not that far away from most laptops sold being able to play Crysis at medium settings or better.

The only problem may be my video card. It is utter crap. EDIT I am downloading the demo right now. I saw someone on youtube with my video card, the game was moving at less then 1FPS lol. Lowest Settings. Lets hope it was because of his ram or CPU.(I didnt think my CPU was so bad)

You basically need a whole new system. My laptop should be able to run Crysis, although I have never tried to. I have a Toshiba Qosmio X305 series, mine is an older model. The newer models have a much better CPU.

Intel Core 2 Duro T7350 @2.0Ghz
4MB of PC3-8500 RAM (1066mhz FSB)
GeForce 9700GTS with 512MB of RAM

I have a toshiba satellite. I wasn't really aiming for a gaming laptop. It was about 800 when I bought it 2 years ago. So it isn't like its bottom of the barrel or anything. If and when i find a job I'm buying a better laptop for school, and an uber PC for gaming. The day Starcraft2 rolls around, Ill buy that in a bundle with a computer XD

Around the Network

It runs at low settings, but less then 30 FPS. Probably more around 15-25. Oh well. Maybe my brothers laptop will do better.

No. Also, for future reference, open www.canyourunit.com in IE (It uses ActiveX only) and it will judge your computer automatically per indiv. game reqs.

Heres what you need

Minimum Recommended
Microsoft Windows
Operating System Windows XP Windows Vista
CPU Intel Pentium 4 (2.8GHZ for XP ; 3.0GHZ for Vista) Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2GHZ, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Memory 1 GB RAM for XP ; 1.5 GB RAM for Vista 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive Space 12GB of free space
Graphics Hardware DirectX 9.0c Compatible Graphics card with 256 MB VRAM DirectX 10 Compatible Graphics card with 512 MB VRAM
Sound Hardware DirectX 9.0c compliant Sound card DirectX 9.0c compliant Sound card
Network 1 Mbit/s internet connection for online play

My only fail is in the card.Not enough Vram :[

Gilgamesh said:

Heres what you need

MinimumRecommended
Microsoft Windows
Operating System Windows XP Windows Vista
CPU Intel Pentium 4 (2.8GHZ for XP ; 3.0GHZ for Vista) Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.2GHZ, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Memory 1 GB RAM for XP ; 1.5 GB RAM for Vista 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive Space 12GB of free space
Graphics Hardware DirectX 9.0c Compatible Graphics card with 256 MB VRAM DirectX 10 Compatible Graphics card with 512 MB VRAM
Sound Hardware DirectX 9.0c compliant Sound card DirectX 9.0c compliant Sound card
Network 1 Mbit/s internet connection for online play

O.o isnt that low? I mean i like have Double what the maximum is lol