By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Give some good reasons as to why I should get a Wii

I have been going back and forth for about half a year now on deciding whether or not I should buy a Wii. My main reason, originally, was I missed playing Mario and Zelda games. Now I don't even know.

So, can anybody give me some good reasons?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

MadWorld

Mario & Zelda

Other than that, lots of great innovative games, like Trauma Center, which use the pointer in ways that you couldn't do efficiently with a joystick (even a mouse wouldn't work to great).

If you like playing with lots of people in the same room, the Wii also provides lots of great games for that too.

Your best bet is see if any friends would trade systems with you for a bit (assuming they only have a Wii) and give it a try, and rent a few games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Depends what you are looking for;

Casual & pick and play games, low challenge levels, single player focused experiences, unique controls, nostalgia, then the wii will appeal to you.

If you're interested in cinematic experiences, with deep or decent storytelling, great graphics/atmosphere, depth of gameplay/ more challenge and strong online and single player focused experiences then either of the HD systems will suit you.

To play the most hardcore game of this gen so far:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Around the Network

mario and zelda are a good enough reason. Apart from that this year is really going to be great for Wii. Mad World and the Conduit for example, not to mention the great jrpgs arriving

Wii Motion plus this year. Sword-fighting with the wii remote, I can't wait.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

games:
Zelda
Conduit
Madword
Super smash bros. Brawl
Mario Kart

Metroid prime
F-Zero

features:
free online play
voice chat via wii speak
nintendo channel
download old classic Virtual console games
see a sexy blue flashing light when you get a message

and most Important:

Wii Sports

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

No More Heroes

Wiimote+Nunchuck ,Nintendo games.And 3rd parties support this year should be enough reason for you to buy Wii. :D

Check Wii game in 2009 which created by Benga ,i hope there're many games you may interested.:)

Btw,almost 3 months now that i looking for another Wii[US] in my country or Play Asia.But still found nothing.(Don't want to risk by bought used one ,because there're many moded Wii here.) :(