By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Questions about LIVE

mrstickball said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
BHR-3 said:
thats cool i never knew u can access demos and xbl games wen ur subscriptions
expires

So the silver subscription lasts forever once you sign in for the 1st time you won't have to recreate ur profile after a set amount of time?

damn so u guys can get demo crazy any day of the week while us ps3 guys blood thirsty only on thursdays

@badgenome damn ur junk must be pretty big then

They call it a "subscription" but it's not, ALL Live accounts are Silver unless you pay for Gold. They do delete inactive accounts, but I don't know the specifics.

I am unsure how they decide to delete accounts...But it must be pretty lazy. I've been on XBL maybe...10 times in 3 years, and my account was never deleted.

Your updated mygamercard.net sig says your console is plugged onto XBL from time to time.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

Yes, but that's been about 10 times over the past 3 years :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Yes, but that's been about 10 times over the past 3 years :-p

lol ok =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

BHR-3 said:

Im BHR-3 well known on here as a PS3 fan ive been pondering a few things about the 360 and it's online service

1 What are these silver and gold cards how long do they last 

Silver is free. Gold you can get from 48 hours all the way to 1 year.

2 Is there more services besides gold and silver like platinum

No, just gold/silver

3 What can u access with the gold that u can't access with the silver

Playing games online, party's, chat, those are the main ones.

4 Can u buy a silver subscription or where can you get one

You automatically get silver when you sign up.

5 Can you access demos and firmware updates if ur subscription expires for either gold and silver

I think you can get demos with silver but not certain.

6 Can u buy stuff like xbl games from the market place if your subscription expires

They'll always take your money. I'm not certain but I'd have to guess yes.

7 What can u access wen ur subscription expires

Well silver doesn't expire, and when your gold expires your downgraded to silver. You can access everything you can with silver.

8 What day/time do the new demos come in every week

No Idea, isn't it wednesday's?

9 What day/time does the netflix/movie section get updated  every week

no clue

10 Can you make more than one account under 1 subscription or do you have to buy another gold card

You have to buy another gold card for each account.

11 When you bought ur 360 did it come with a Ethernet cable if it did how long was it

Yes but the one I got was short as hell, it was only about 6 feet.

For the ps3 the store gets updated on thursdays where i live it's usually 8:30pm it used to be 4:30pm though and sometimes we might get stuff on other days like the RE5 demo was on a monday

As u might know PSN is Free and u could create multiple accounts in diffrent regions too i heard though that 12 is the max the system can make then u need to buy another system b/c u can't delete what's in the systems memory

My 60g ps3 came with a Ethernet cord i think it was 3-6 feet long i don't think the new sku's come with one for cost reasons