By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony : "PS3 is future proof"

Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Bullsh

PS2 wasn't future-proof because of its superior processor (it was inferior).
It was shown in the last 7 generations, that superior graphical power was not major advantage for any console.

PS1-2 were simply popular. So popular, that PS2 sells even now.
There is no hidden "sony magic" that makes their consoles last longer, it is the natural process that always the most popular console can be sold for the longest time.

PS3 is not popular, its sales are declining EVEN NOW! It is logical to expect that it will be the first one to disappear.
See my signature.

ps3 costs twice as much as the competition. There, with one sentence i already proved your point worthless.

No, you just explained it. 

The high price is indeed one reasons why the PS 3 is failing, but it won't stop it's failure just because you stated the obvious. 

Still the PS3 will be the first one to disappear, so you didn't make my point worthless, unless if you can offer a good way to sove the price problem. 

(Price cuts won't work, because:

1. Sony can't allow to sacrify even more money.

2. The other two could easily cut price too, to make Sony's sacrify meaningless)

Around the Network

Microsoft XBOX360 is future proof too!!!

eliasg

if ps3 has a price-drop i can see it outselling the wii

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Mafaveli said:
Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Bullsh

It was shown in the last 7 generations, that superior graphical power was not major advantage for any console.

There is no hidden "sony magic" that makes their consoles last longer, it is the natural process that always the most popular console can be sold for the longest time.

PS3 is not popular, its sales are declining EVEN NOW! It is logical to expect that it will be the first one to disappear.
See my signature.

ps3 costs twice as much as the competition. There, with one sentence i already proved your point worthless.

lols....so naturally they must be making twice as much profit this generation...right.....????

SLAP. I assume you actually know that there are differences in hardware and how much they cost to produce so i won't answer your troll reply.

Check out my game about moles ^

This is really old. So old that I forgot the joke that I made in the old thread. It involved time traveling.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
Alterego-X said:
Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Bullsh

See my signature.

The high price is indeed one reasons why the PS 3 is failing, but it won't stop it's failure just because you stated the obvious. 

Still the PS3 will be the first one to disappear, so you didn't make my point worthless, unless if you can offer a good way to sove the price problem. 

2. The other two could easily cut price too, to make Sony's sacrify meaningless)

When the playstation 3 reaches mass market price, it sound see a insane boom. Though the train might have gone. I can't tell either way. Noone can. The playstation franchise is still the biggest massmarket one that appeals to most people. Most people still have a playstation. Once the ps3 reaches that mass market price, it should see a insane boom. I can't say for certain it will but there is a good chance that it will.. and i doubt that, when they cut their price it'll "keep failing"

Although you have to concider that it isn't failing. It's the most expensive console to ever even get near these numbers sold. It'll soon have outsold the gamecube and the xbox despite a price tag bigger than when either of them launched.

Yes my post is poorly written, i'm tired. I just woke up. But it should get the point across since i believe i'm right.

No console is future-proof. This is just marketing BS on Sony's part, and it's not even very good marketing BS. Then again, not a lot of the marketing they've been doing since the release of the PSP has been particularly good; they really need to consider switching agencies.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Bullsh

See my signature.

Actually, you haven't, because price has already been shown not to be the major factor this gen. If it were, the 360 would have started to outsell the Wii, yet this has not happened and shows no signs of happening anytime soon.

This is not to say that the PS3's price is helping it; certainly it is doing some harm. But when the cheapest console has failed to take the top spot, it is difficult to believe that merely cutting the price of the PS3 would help it very much.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Bullsh

See my signature.

When the playstation 3 reaches mass market price, it sound see a insane boom. (spelling) Though the train might have gone. I can't tell either way. (well don't say it then) Noone can. The playstation franchise is still the biggest massmarket one that appeals to most people. Most people still have a playstation. (most people? There's more than 140million people in the developed world) Once the ps3 reaches that mass market price, it should see a insane boom. (don't repeat yourself) I can't say for certain it will (again, don't repeat yourself if makes you sound like a derranged control freak) but there is a good chance that it will.. and i doubt that, when they cut their price it'll "keep failing"

Although you have to concider that it isn't failing. (Says who, you?) It's the most expensive console to ever even get near these numbers sold. It'll soon have outsold the gamecube and the xbox despite a price tag bigger than when either of them launched. (Not true, the Xbox launched at £299.99 with no games and no DVD\Bluray playback. You and your cronies are always going on how the PS3 is "value added". So you shouldn't be making points on both sides).

Yes my post is poorly written, (correct) i'm tired. I just woke up. But it should get the point across since i believe i'm right. (no you just sound like an arrogant idiot repeating himself you should maybe wake up first before writing a post and just outright expecting everyone to understand and take what they say as truth, because they believe they are correct)

Oh dear oh dear.

Millennium said:
Staude said:
Alterego-X said:
Bullsh

See my signature.

Actually, you haven't, because price has already been shown not to be the major factor this gen. If it were, the 360 would have started to outsell the Wii, yet this has not happened and shows no signs of happening anytime soon.

This is not to say that the PS3's price is helping it; certainly it is doing some harm. But when the cheapest console has failed to take the top spot, it is difficult to believe that merely cutting the price of the PS3 would help it very much.

Actually i have. Now i'll disprove yours aswell. First of all they are closer priced, second of all they are both at a mass market price, and thirdly. The Xbox brand, whether you want it or not, is nowhere near the mass market appeal of the other consoles. Quite simply.