By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 Debuts On National News!!!

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
It's like the most expensive thing the country has made. (Entertainment wise.) It should be big news.

What else even comes close?

Nothing i'd imagine.

I mean that was one of it's tag lines... "It's the most expensive project in the countries history... even more so then... (some movie)."

And that was before the development costs  went up higher.

The game is huge news for the country.

Just so you don't think i'm making this up....

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/517.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The epic World War II movie, "Black Book," cost over 16 million euros (about $21 million), but even though the new Killzone project tops that number, Guerilla didn't get into specifics.

"Our budget tops [the film]," said Killzone director Arjan Brussee. "We're working on the biggest multimedia project in Dutch history."

Apparently, the giant price tag comes as a result of the labor-intensive development required for next-generation games. "Work that used to take a week now takes a month," added Brussee. To top it all off, there are a whopping 120 developers working together on Killzone 2, half of which come from outside the Netherlands. Only 1/3 of the team who worked on the PS2 original weren't natives.

One other issue the team is facing is the high cost of localization; the new game is going to be fully translated in 20 different languages. Brussee believes this massive undertaking will pay off in the long run. "You sell 30 to 40 percent more with a translated version," he stated.

The final tidbit of news is a definite positive: Killzone 2 will have extra downloadable content via the PlayStation Store. "The Killzone that is in stores is only the beginning," said Brussee. He didn't clarify what those online extras would be, but the paper hinted at the possibility of new "chapters" going up on the Store, thus allowing for expanded gameplay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I forgot about that.... DL content.  They haven't talked about that lately.  Lets hope it's still planned.

Around the Network

Hype machine going crazy in the foreign countries!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
It's like the most expensive thing the country has made. (Entertainment wise.) It should be big news.

What else even comes close?

Nothing i'd imagine.

I mean that was one of it's tag lines... "It's the most expensive project in the countries history... even more so then... (some movie)."

And that was before the development costs  went up higher.

The game is huge news for the country.

Just so you don't think i'm making this up....

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/517.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The epic World War II movie, "Black Book," cost over 16 million euros (about $21 million), but even though the new Killzone project tops that number, Guerilla didn't get into specifics.

"Our budget tops [the film]," said Killzone director Arjan Brussee. "We're working on the biggest multimedia project in Dutch history."

Apparently, the giant price tag comes as a result of the labor-intensive development required for next-generation games. "Work that used to take a week now takes a month," added Brussee. To top it all off, there are a whopping 120 developers working together on Killzone 2, half of which come from outside the Netherlands. Only 1/3 of the team who worked on the PS2 original weren't natives.

One other issue the team is facing is the high cost of localization; the new game is going to be fully translated in 20 different languages. Brussee believes this massive undertaking will pay off in the long run. "You sell 30 to 40 percent more with a translated version," he stated.

The final tidbit of news is a definite positive: Killzone 2 will have extra downloadable content via the PlayStation Store. "The Killzone that is in stores is only the beginning," said Brussee. He didn't clarify what those online extras would be, but the paper hinted at the possibility of new "chapters" going up on the Store, thus allowing for expanded gameplay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I forgot about that.... DL content.  They haven't talked about that lately.  Lets hope it's still planned.

I'd imagine that DLC is still planned. They added another chapter to the Killzone: Liberation campaign for free!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

what is Killzone again!?

i'm serious, i have no idea what it is, just saw something like 20 Killzone threads in 1 day?

who's making the game and why is it so special?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

i like how they talk

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
what is Killzone again!?

i'm serious, i have no idea what it is, just saw something like 20 Killzone threads in 1 day?

lol silly. go read the official killzone 2 thread and you shall see its awesomes.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
what is Killzone again!?

This proves the game isn't hyped enough.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

blah blah blah CYBER SPACE blah blah GAMERS blah blah blah KILLZONE 2

LOOOOOL

yeah the dutch like their anglicisms

No1 translated yet.