By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do achievements (X360) or trophies (PS3) matter to you?

Esa-Petteri said:
coolestguyever said:
Anybody who says it doesn't put a smile on their face when "achievement unlocked 30 Gamerscore" is a big fat liar. Achievements are awesome.

This.

is completely ignorant and wrong. You stopped typing before you finished the sentence. I look through achievments as something to try and complete if I am bored and have no new games. Typically it is no different than if a friend suggests I try something stupid in a game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Well I spent 30 hours playing GeoW 2 online despite not particularly liking it so that I now have 1175 points for it...

no i hate them wish they never had them

they make me do insane things in a game

i try to do them b/c now with home and online gaming im afraid i'll get made fun of by others who see my profile for not have to many trophies

i do the ones that are manageable

Play Me

Yes Achievements add a lot to a game for me.

I think it s a good way to make you play more and ad replay value

so yeah, 100% like it

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

I like GOOD achievements they make me think of playing the game differently. I am not a gamer score but but if its fun and doable I usually try to get the achievement. The sandbox games were I need to track down 100 flags are not ones I go for a waste of hours and not having much fun doing it. Gears seriously 2 achievement not for me.

I do like the achievements if done well they add something fun to the game.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I think PS3 is finally on board making trophies in games mandatory, MS was smart to come up with the 1000 achievement points for retail games and 200 for XBLA games and also REQUIRE every game to have them.

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

not in the least

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

No. Why would they? They're nothing but a gimmick to get players to overplay their games as fast as possible, hit an illusory "wall" where there is supposedly nothing left to do, and then rush out to buy new games for MOAR POINTS.

Replay isn't profitable, and Achievements/Trophies are the cure. Quite a brilliant one too, if the attach rate of the 360 is any indication. It's a shame that it's had such a harmful effect on those markets, even if it was predictable.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

they are nice in a sense that they prove you've done something, and I can see alot of players really getting into that. The only achievement I'd care about is a "clocking the game" one (ie beating the main story), everything else is meh.