By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First week Killzone 2 sales surpass Halo 3's first week in EU?

that will never happen
I'm sure of it

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network

not an optimistic or a pessmistic, i just believe in the reality of the situation. and thats: no kz2's first week wont outsell halo 3's first week in EU.

I think Killzone 2 is going to sell very well. Everyone I know who has a PS3 has already pre-ordered the game. And a few with no PS3 are picking it up for MGS4/Resistance2/Killzone2/LBP

Highly unlikely, but later titles will probably surpass it. I just dont think that KZ2 will do it.

If MGS4 managed half of Halo 3's opening week, I don't see KZ2 having a chance at surpassing it. Given the larger userbase and the hype behind the title, I expect it to do around 600,000 week 1 in Others. But I don't see it doing GTA4 (PS3) or Halo 3 numbers.

Around the Network

America has a lot of fps fans I hear and so does the u.k, unlike R2, kz2 has had mostly good reviews and the wow factor aswell as a £2million marketing budget, add to that the fact of mgs4 being a niche game and you realize it is possible for kz2 to outsell mgs4.

Outselling halo is going to be hard if not impossible due to the 360 userbase generally buying more sw compared to ps3 userbase. Halo has become a movement unlike kz2. In 4 weeks we shall see what wonders kz2 does for Sony!

IN Europe Yes NA No.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

psrock said:
darthdevidem01 said:
For once I agree with Fernando!

me too, i need a shower.

Lawl.

OT:

Yeah, whatever all those guys said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

huh it might.

user base is bigger, hype is there as is game quality.

1 million is shipped to retail stores. Software companies count shipped figures as sold.